Pool cleaner hose

Jun 28, 2016
Sacramento
So... I’ve been having serious issues for the second summer with my pool cleaner going in circles. I’ve made many changes, ordered new wheels, tires, bearings, etc etc. But today I noticed something....

My hose doesn’t float anymore. And I think the weight is holding down the debris bag to one side causing it to more/less go in circles.

I took apart the hose and took off the floats- they all seem to float... although none of them really that impressively.

Any idea what is going on here? You think I need new floats? Again- they seemed to float when I took them off the hose- but maybe they are slowly getting water inside. Who knows. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Just a heads-up that it may take a while to get some help for you. A lot of people have moved away from pressure side cleaners because of the electricity needed and sometimes dissatisfying performance. The robotic cleaners are getting a lot of attention these days, and for me the suction side cleaners do nice work.

How old is it?

Replacing the floats sounds like the next step for you.

Mine is a different model but had been acting up, stopping and not restarting etc..I took it apart Saturday and it had what looked like plaster chips in the bottom and around the gears..Just washed it out and works a lot better..I have been known to take the cover off and put it in the dishwasher upside down with just a tad of soap and no drying ( when Wife isn't watching :) ). Polaris is picky about having to work smooth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.