Pool Build Finally Started - Bryan, TX (11/4/20)

Sollace

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2020
Bryan TX
Our pool build manager said the problem the plumbers have . . . Is they've never had a salt water generator and a heater AND chiller. He agreed with hubby that the configuration on the pad won't work and needs to be changed. Something about distance of flow. ?? Obviously I wasn't there.

Just the electrician today. I hear him banging on the wall next to me. And singing. At least the weather's nice!

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats

Berger82

Feb 24, 2018
Richmond, TX
Yes ) And Pictures!
I will say the pool equipment pad has enough picture time as the pool build.
Two things: The owner of the concrete company looked over the work - No reason why he was visiting - And said the forms are off. He was right, 3". They had to add another board. . .
And the project manager was upset the plumbers left early when they could've gotten 3 hours of work in. The plumbers also left the instruction manual (in plastic bag) set up to use. . . (See it hanging down the side of the black equipment. Heater? Cooler? Something. Anyway, it rained. . . And we then realized it was soaked. So we spent time blow drying what we needed. It would've been fine but they opened the plastic bag and left it open and we had a lot of rain!
Was there a reason you did not extend the decking all the way to the house (foundation)? What are you going to place in that small area , rocks?

Sollace

Gold Supporter
Aug 16, 2020
Bryan TX
Was there a reason you did not extend the decking all the way to the house (foundation)? What are you going to place in that small area , rocks?
1. Drainage
2. Water blowing against the house (rain) - When rain hits cement, it bounces. If cement is near a house, the rain bounces up and hits the house bricks, which are porous. (Yes everyone should use a water seal on your lower house wall) !!
3. Two different 'foundations' (stress slab on house). Deck is 4" of concrete so we didn't want them rubbing against each other as the ground shifts. (We are on clay which tends to expand and contract depending on the water table.
4. The pool would come up to the first mortar joint on our house and is ripe for termites.

Yes, rocks. The gap is 6" and then 3' flower bed area by the existing patio / under a window. Hubby plans to make an incline to where the water flows along that channel and out.

1/7/20 Today the gas meter was hooked up. The plumbers with that job had to go to the store twice because they didn't have the right parts.
And the concrete decking.
Concrete crew out smoothing and laying down the non-skid stuff.

Last edited: