Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
My pool builder came 3 days ago and put salt in the pool and left. My swg panel reads out 3100 my pool reads 2800. I run my single speed pump 8 hours I’m using the Taylor 2006 test kit with salt kit test. Here’s my numbers
Pool temp 72
Salt- 2800
FC- 0.4
Combined- 0.4
TA-70
PH-7.5
CYA- I’m assuming 0 because I could still see the black dot and filled the water to the top of test.

Can someone help me balance my pool? I have no clue what to do while I’m just learning and my PB is no help 😩

Hey MK !!!

You got PoolMath yet ? It is your best friend that let's you cheat off him everytime.

Add 30 ppm for CYA. Put granuals in a sock and hang it in front of a return. Squeeze it every once in a while until gone.

FC is most important, at all times. Stay in target range at all times per the FC/CYA Levels. Once you start adding the CYA, dose like it is already there.

Get that squared away and we will figure out your SWG.

Also, welcome from the shadows. :)

Welcome to tfp 😊
@Newdude has u covered!
Incase its not clear- you need to dose with liquid chlorine NOW- then you can allow your swg to keep up. Swg’s are not designed to make up fc from zero- it takes too long & nasties can grow while you wait. They are great maintainers though!
Fyi-
The swg readout will likely never match your test. So long as the swg is happy & they are fairly close- don’t sweat it too much.
I am still reeling at the fact they sold u a single speed pump for a new inground build!
Pool builder pawning off Old stock I suppose….

Hey MK !!!

You got PoolMath yet ? It is your best friend that let's you cheat off him everytime.

Add 30 ppm for CYA. Put granuals in a sock and hang it in front of a return. Squeeze it every once in a while until gone.

FC is most important, at all times. Stay in target range at all times per the FC/CYA Levels. Once you start adding the CYA, dose like it is already there.

Get that squared away and we will figure out your SWG.

Also, welcome from the shadows. :)
I downloaded pool math and it told me to add 10lbs of stabilizer to raise my CYA to 75. Does that seem correct to you?

Welcome to tfp 😊
@Newdude has u covered!
Incase its not clear- you need to dose with liquid chlorine NOW- then you can allow your swg to keep up. Swg’s are not designed to make up fc from zero- it takes too long & nasties can grow while you wait. They are great maintainers though!
Fyi-
The swg readout will likely never match your test. So long as the swg is happy & they are fairly close- don’t sweat it too much.
I am still reeling at the fact they sold u a single speed pump for a new inground build!
Pool builder pawning off Old stock I suppose….
We had SEVERAL problems with the company. I actually asked about a VS pump in the beginning and he told me there wasn’t much difference and it wasn’t worth the extra money. I now know that to be a lie lol. Is there a certain liquid chlorine that’s better than others and do I just pour it in?

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
I downloaded pool math and it told me to add 10lbs of stabilizer to raise my CYA to 75. Does that seem correct to you?
Awesome. No to 75. Let's get you balanced at 30 first. Once we are all set and the FC js holding we can go from there. You may need a quick slam and it's easier with the 30 CYA.

Get the FC up Pronto. Add CYA for 30. :)

Is there a certain liquid chlorine that’s better than others and do I just pour it in?
Household bleach is the same stuff but weaker and also all come with scents, splashless or xyz technologies that mess up the pool.

Liquid chlorine or chlorinating liquid at the pool aisle outside at HD / Lowes / Walmart is 10%. Any pool store has it as well. But get it like a ninja and avoid anything else at the pool store.

Pour a pencil sized stream in front of a return with the pump running. Brush after as it's heavier than water and may puddle up.

Test in 15 mins to verify you reached the target.

Awesome. No to 75. Let's get you balanced at 30 first. Once we are all set and the FC js holding we can go from there. You may need a quick slam and it's easier with the 30 CYA.

Get the FC up Pronto. Add CYA for 30. :)
I have my CYA fixed but now my FC level yesterday was 7.4 and today is 9.2. I lowered my swg percentage down to 25% yesterday so I’m not sure what’s happening 😳. To get my FC up when it was really low I added liquid chlorine

Reactions: Newdude
have my CYA fixed but now my FC level yesterday was 7.4 and today is 9.2.
Awsome. When given the chance to overproduce or under produce, go big. You have leeway up to SLAM (40% of CYA) and none below minimum.

You have 2 variables. Pump Runtime and SWG runtime. It takes a minute to get them matched to this weeks daily loss.
To get my FC up when it was really low I added liquid chlorin
Awesome #2 !!! The SWG is slow to raise the FC, it may take a day or more. If you need a now boost, go LC and be good in 15 mins of mixing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.