Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
guys quick help needed
Live in Georgia, yesterday we had a freak rain storm - had a lot of runoff into my pool - I have a SWG - my levels this AM are horrible - before the rainstorm pool has been perfect.
Currently :
FC - 0
Salt 2500ppm
PH - 7
Calcium 175
also pool is a swamp - many leaves at bottom and a lot of silt (sand runoff)

question i have is : do i drain and refill or shock and vacuum the heck out of it ?
i don't want to carry 20 bags of salt and can't seem and thre is some Calcium still left in the water

pls help suggest

guys quick help needed
Live in Georgia, yesterday we had a freak rain storm - had a lot of runoff into my pool - I have a SWG - my levels this AM are horrible - before the rainstorm pool has been perfect.
Currently :
FC - 0
Salt 2500ppm
PH - 7
Calcium 175
also pool is a swamp - many leaves at bottom and a lot of silt (sand runoff)

question i have is : do i drain and refill or shock and vacuum the **** out of it ?
i don't want to carry 20 bags of salt and can't seem and thre is some Calcium still left in the water

pls help suggest

btw i typed 'hheeeccckkk' not the f work above .. ;) im just saying - don't know why tfp censored that

CYA?

Add liquid chlorine.

Clean out the debris int he bottom of the pool.

Follow the SLAM Process

After the SLAM Process add salt.

Update your signature with complete pool equipment information.

awesome I'm all way upto 24 now - have 10 jugs on standby - hope this baby starts turning in the AM - PH was at 7 so i bumped with 2 boxes borax as per pool calc

You did not need to raise the pH if it was at 7. 7 would have been as good as 7.2. Most times you are lowering pH to 7.2.

SLAM Process FC for CYA 30 is 12. What is 24?

Perfect CYA for the SLAM Process

Once you pass the 3 criteria then add stabilizer and salt and get your SWG going.

yikes i raised FC to the minimum (60 CYA) SWG SLAM level of 24 - but i didnt have to since you were referring to the non SWG chart (where CYA was 30 ) - thats alot of chlorine in there now - did i mess it up ? just realized this now.

also before i began my PH was 7 therefore i raised to 7.3/7.4 as the SLAM instructions said.

hope thats ok - sorry i should have caught the FC suggestion earlier

All you can do now is let the chlorine drift down. The algae should take it down quickly.

This AM pool looks the same but FC is 10. So its working for sure. I'm now going to track FC to 13 which is the non SWG level for CYA 30. I had to add 1 jug to bring to 13. Will check in another 4 hrs.

When should water begin to change color?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
guys thanks for all the help - its been 4 days and the chlorine levels have stabilized but pool is still dirty. I'm running out of time so I'm going to drain and refill - the water has very fine sand and i believe the sand is showing n the water color - Again, TY for all the help. I still believe in the SLAM process just didn't work for my specific issue. TY again

Drain and refill complete - I'm back in business - FYI insurance didn't cover any pool damage or so they say even though in Georgia we got hail (1-1/2 ft of it) in June and all of my equipment is damage.
its 2020 i guess !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.