Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

My hose keeps springing leaks, even in newly replaced sections. Does anyone have tips on a few points?

Hose length - I see posts which say it needs be long enough to reach the farthest point. Should I measure this from the outlet valve to the pool floor?

Pressure release valve - I see some posts that there are different strengths of valves…but how do I know which is the right one for me?

Hose setup - is there a certain number of ball joints/pivot points I should have? Should the backup jet be in a certain spot (closer to the unit, middle, closer to the outlet in pool wall)?

Should the hose usually float? When attaching I keep trying to ensure it is full of water and has no air by dropping the cleaner in, letting it sink and then submerging the hose working back to the attachment point for the wall, but no matter when the hose seems to want to float up…is this normal or an issue?

Thank you :)

DD

If I remember right it’s a swivel every 7’ but can’t remember how many floats they suggest. I have a float on every piece of hose so also about 7 or 8’ apart.
Is strange the hose is leaking, they are pretty tough.
Is your connection before or after the filter?

Leaks where?

In the middle of the hose or at joints?

Show us pics of the leaks.

Reactions: dpd922
Hi,

My hose keeps springing leaks, even in newly replaced sections. Does anyone have tips on a few points?

Hose length - I see posts which say it needs be long enough to reach the farthest point. Should I measure this from the outlet valve to the pool floor?

Pressure release valve - I see some posts that there are different strengths of valves…but how do I know which is the right one for me?

Hose setup - is there a certain number of ball joints/pivot points I should have? Should the backup jet be in a certain spot (closer to the unit, middle, closer to the outlet in pool wall)?

Should the hose usually float? When attaching I keep trying to ensure it is full of water and has no air by dropping the cleaner in, letting it sink and then submerging the hose working back to the attachment point for the wall, but no matter when the hose seems to want to float up…is this normal or an issue?

Thank you :)

DD
If the hose didn't float the head could never pull it around the pool. You don't need to fill it with water, that will happen when the pump is on.

Reactions: dpd922
Leaks where?

In the middle of the hose or at joints?

Show us pics of the leaks.
I’ll grab some pics later, but basically the white tubing keeps busting open, not at the joints, middle of the hose. It even happened yesterday in a section I replaced on Sunday.

If I remember right it’s a swivel every 7’ but can’t remember how many floats they suggest. I have a float on every piece of hose so also about 7 or 8’ apart.
Is strange the hose is leaking, they are pretty tough.
Is your connection before or after the filter?
I believe it is after the filter, it is a pressure side cleaner. Is there a way to tell based on looking at the plumbing?

Picture of the pool pad should help. Wondering if you just got a bad piece of hose?
Seems that even of the pressure was high the pressure relief valve would protect it. Might take that valve off and see if its stuck closed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.