Polaris 360 - tail gets sucked in

Sep 13, 2007
Hi,

My Polaris 360 started to suck it's own tail in. It's happened 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks or so. What can I do to avoid this?
I just cleaned the filter and everything seems to be running good. It has been rebuilt once in the last 12 years. Thanks in advance.

How much flow are you getting through the tail? It should whip back and forth like a crocodile swimming through the water. You should also see it spray 5-10 feet out of the water when it climbs high on the walls. There should be an adjuster knob to regulate the flow. You may also want to check then end where the foam scrubber is to make sure there isn't a bunch of debris stuck in it.

Reactions: jvmagic
Hi,

My Polaris 360 started to suck it's own tail in. It's happened 3-4 times in the last 3 weeks or so. What can I do to avoid this?
I just cleaned the filter and everything seems to be running good. It has been rebuilt once in the last 12 years. Thanks in advance.

Its tucking it's tail in fear, scared you will trade it in for a robot :)

My 360 tail never moved much and I finally took it off. It seemed to work better after.
Does it seem to move around OK ?

Reactions: jvmagic
I had a similar problem. Once it had been sucked in the first time, the hose had a slight “memory bend” on it that caused it to tend the bend back on itself and get sucked in over and over. I rotated the hose 180 degrees on the fitting so the bend faced the opposite direction and that fixed my issue.

How much flow are you getting through the tail? It should whip back and forth like a crocodile swimming through the water. You should also see it spray 5-10 feet out of the water when it climbs high on the walls. There should be an adjuster knob to regulate the flow. You may also want to check then end where the foam scrubber is to make sure there isn't a bunch of debris stuck in it.
Thanks for the response. How can I test the flow? The tail doesn't whip back and forth like it did last swim season. Not sure what to make of that. It seems to spray out of the water but to a lesser degree.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.