Please help!

Astratton

Jun 15, 2022
Ohio
Hello. We used the a green to blue shock treatment on 6/12 our pool turned blue… we followed the directions completely(however, we got heavy crazy rain that night) . Now our pool is cloudy, blue and has reside due substance floating around . It’s like the chemicals did not dissolve in our pool and it settles to the bottom and when we vacuum it just gets get stirred up … we have ran the pump 24/7 and back washed 2x a day. We have had the robot in it as well.

Need help.

Attachments

• BCC3993B-97DB-45DB-B48E-41D92DF64DC1.jpeg
    BCC3993B-97DB-45DB-B48E-41D92DF64DC1.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 15
Do you have a picture of the shock treatment? Curious what’s in it.

Also have tested your water? That will help us determine what’s going on

I have also had similar results when adding “ shock” to a pool. May just take a few days to clear up

Reactions: markayash
This article should help you:

You'll need TFP recommended test kit (see the link below). You may need to follow the SLAM Process to get rid of all algae.

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the shock treatment? Curious what’s in it.

Also have tested your water? That will help us determine what’s going on

I have also had similar results when adding “ shock” to a pool. May just take a few days to clear up

Free chlorine is low
PH is high
Alkalinity high
Stabilizer is perfect

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 1
Free chlorine is low
PH is high
Alkalinity high
Stabilizer is perfect
Sorry Astra but i will have to laugh a little about the Stabilizer part, which is the test that poolstores mostly get way wrong.
Im assuming you are poolstore testing, which here at TFP we dont recommend much nor we give advice based on.
We recommend Testing yourself(which we belive more, even if its your first time) Here is Test Kits Compared
When we ask for testing numbers it should look like something like this:

Also can you fill in your signature with your pool info and equimpement so we can help you better. Have a look at mine.
Welcome to TFP.

Hey Astratton and Welcome !!!!
We recommend Testing yourself(which we belive more, even if its your first time)
He isn't kidding. We don't even know you and yet we trust you when you have a Talyor drop based test kit. With reliable data we are all on the same page and can guide you through anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.