Please help with my GREEN MONSTER!!

😬 I'm a little concerned about using liquid acid. Is it normally just a small amount used at a time?
You’ll likely be adding a bit less than a quart each addition - the TFP method is to pour directly from bottle, close to the pool surface to minimize splashing. The only consideration is to make sure you’re standing downwind or you’ll potentially get a nasty whiff.

Reactions: ChelleSte
😬 I'm a little concerned about using liquid acid. Is it normally just a small amount used at a time?
I have an 7500 gallon pool and I add 3-4 ounces acid every 6-8 days to keep it in range. Last time I added 8 ounces to bring it to 7.4 and 5 days latter it's up to 7.5. With stable chemicals and setup to TFP guidelines I find I am adding fewer/lower doses chemicals to the pool. I wear glasses already and I find the more humid it is the more if fumes. So as others have said, make sure the wind is to your side when adding chemicals to the pool. I say side because if it's to your back you can create vortices and still get a wiff. I do use a plastic measuring cup, but I have worked with chemicals in a plating shop so it's not unfamiliar to me.

Reactions: ChelleSte
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.