Please help with my GREEN MONSTER!!

Yeesh.

pH: over 8.0
Demand: 7 drops to get to 7.4
CYA: dot never disappeared 😬

SWG now says salt is low. I didn't test the rest yet because I'm dying outside and think I need to bring pH down before anything else?

Run all the tests if you could. High pH is not an urgent issue.
Sound like you need to add stabilizer. Start with 40 ppm worth using the sock method.

pH: over 8.0
Demand: 7 drops to get to 7.4
It’s 5 drops in the block, Shake, read, and dump out. (Not add drops until you get a better reading). If you are really a 9 (let’s say) you will read 8.2. When you dose 8.2 to 7.2 it may only come down to 8.4 and still read the 8.2. Keep dosing until it comes in range. Give the acid 30 mins to mix, Test again and go from there.

It’s 5 drops in the block, Shake, read, and dump out. (Not add drops until you get a better reading). If you are really a 9 (let’s say) you will read 8.2. When you dose 8.2 to 7.2 it may only come down to 8.4 and still read the 8.2. Keep dosing until it comes in range. Give the acid 30 mins to mix, Test again and go from there.
I don't understand what you mean about 5 drops. The kit said after getting pH reading, to "count, cap, and invert" until it drops into range? That's what I did. After the 6th time it came into the 7.6 range, and after the 7th time it was at 7.4

Or do you mean for the initial reading? I did the 5 drops, cap, invert for the reading. It was a hot pink. Then I did the drop, cap, invert, check... and continued until I got in range. It took 7 drops for that.

She has the K2006.
We recommend you do not use the base and acid demand reagents. Simply enter your pH and TA in to Poolmath.

She has the K2006.
We recommend you do not use the base and acid demand reagents. Simply enter your pH and TA in to Poolmath.
Ah, okay. Thanks! I'm taking a breather in the A/C and I'll run the other tests once it cools down some. Still sick and it's brutal out here!! 🥵 l'll have to run to the store for pantyhose and other stuff. I have just one 4lb bag stabilizer which is enough for now but I'm guessing that won't last long? Hopefully they have more.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Apologies all. I thought they were all the same. Check it out @ChelleSte, today you taught me. I certainly haven’t read every post here, But I’m getting there. Clearly I need to read more.
back in a sec. View attachment 357978

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. More input.
Lol no problem 😄 You were still right though, as apparently I didn't need to add the extra drops and can just use the math app for demand instead 😁

Would just dangling a mesh wash bag via rope in front of the return jet work? Would I have to run the pump 24/7 then so it doesn't just sit against the spout when the pump is off (ie would it damage the plastic spout)?

A fine mesh bag. You do not want stabilizer granules to fall on to your liner. They will stain it.
A thin sock works really well. It is what I use.

If the pump turns off, just pull the bag and put in a bucket. Return to the pool when the pump is running.

Reactions: ChelleSte
Would just dangling a mesh wash bag via rope in front of the return jet work?
It would with ultra fine mesh that’s similar to pantyhose. Screen door like ? Not so much. Lol.
Would I have to run the pump 24/7 then so it doesn't just sit against the spout when the pump is off (ie would it damage the plastic spout)?
Use a small pole to get it a few inches out and then it can just soak while the pump is off. Tomorrow it will squeeze out in minutes.

I’m not sure what Walmart charges for chlorine, but being here in Wisconsin chances are you’re not terribly far from a Menard’s. I buy my chlorine there, $3.99/gallon for 12.5%.

CYA: dot never disappeared 😬
Was the sample cloudy at all when you were looking at the dot or did it stay clear the entire time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.