Please check my numbers

Is your CC really 15??? I hope not -------

Looks fine. Let pH rise to 8 prior to lowering to 7.6. Monitor pH and FC daily. Check TA every few days.

Terry,

Since the pool builder is still in charge of everything I would not do anything without him approving first..

I'm pretty sure that you don't have a CC of 15.. Normally this would be close to zero.

I am surprised that he is running the FC so high with new plaster.

Thanks,

Jim R.

OK -- CC right?? If so, that must be interference from a chemical the pool builder is adding. Do you know what all they are adding?

OK -- that is better. You first reported CC as 15. No need to report TC - that number is an indicator of nothing. FC is the part you need to sanitize the pool water and the CC is an indicator of a build up of expended chlorine. Your CC should normally be 0,5 or 0. A CC of 1 is on the edge of being a problem. I would suggest you do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be sure. But with a new pool, you do not want to SLAM.

I would expend the pucks that are in the inline feeder and just not add anymore. Test your CYA again about 3 or 4 days after the pucks are gone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.