Frisco Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I have been doing my own chemicals for over a month and each week my ph is at 8 or above and I am adding acid every week any advice?
Fc: 6.65
CC: 0
Ph: 8.1
TA: 111
CH: 401
CYA: 50

Your TA is most likely a bit high so keep adding acid (twice a week would be better) to lower your pH from 8 to 7.6. Over time your TA should fall. Check the TA of your fill water as it may be raising your TA when you add fill water.

The reasons your pH rises are from aeration such as fountains and other water features making a splash as water droplets fall, and the pull from high alkalinity (TA).
I don't know if you have water features, but your TA is a bit high.

See if this doesn't help slow things down for you? Let us know how it goes, ok?

Maddie ✌️

Hey MonkeyGirl and Welcome !!!

forget the pool store and take over control yourself. They will never give your pool the love it deserves. And we will guide you every step of the way !!!!

get a real (reliable) test kit. See Test Kits Compared

Read up on ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

keep asking away. We got you. :)

(Yes you said you’ve been doing your own testing but the #s you posted disagree with that)

Hey MonkeyGirl and Welcome !!!

forget the pool store and take over control yourself. They will never give your pool the love it deserves. And we will guide you every step of the way !!!!

get a real (reliable) test kit. See Test Kits Compared

Read up on ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

keep asking away. We got you. :)

(Yes you said you’ve been doing your own testing but the #s you posted disagree with that)
the numbers are from the lamotte q color
Signature shows ColorQ. It gives unrealistically precise results.
Yes I used the color q as I have a hard time with color. I also use a fsa-dpd test as well to check and that. Was 7 for fc and 0 cc so same number.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.