Pentair Warrior SE vs. Dolphin S200

Jim,

Is there an easier way to get in touch with marina pool and spa? I cant order on their website, Their phones goes to answering machine.
It shows that eventhough there is corona virus they are open.

Is there an easier way to get in touch with margereth?

Thanks,
Ahmet

Several folks have had good luck calling first thing in the morning around 10am mountain time..I emailed her when I bought mine earlier this year

Does anyone have any experience Warrior SE , SI with these two models. Our old Dolphin layed down. The things I've read on these seem positive but was wondering if anyone has had any issues with cord tangle? Cant seem to find any info on whether is has a tangle free cord.

I have the SE, it does have the swivel but I still untwist it every few days. My understanding it's the exact same thing as the s200 just a different color.
I think the SI only give you some control but have to use bluetooth.
I have mine in automation mode with a smart plug and run it every morning between 5 and 7am

My SE cord has stayed tangle free so far and the swivel is doing it's job. My pool isn't big so the SE is doing all sorts of maneuvers in a relatively small amount of real estate. I make sure the cord is not in it's storage coil mode. Lay it out flat before you start the bot up and it's behaved as advertised for me.

Does anyone have any experience Warrior SE , SI with these two models. Our old Dolphin layed down. The things I've read on these seem positive but was wondering if anyone has had any issues with cord tangle? Cant seem to find any info on whether is has a tangle free cord.

I got the SI from Marina about a month ago. No issues with cord tangling. Only issues are when I got it, the bluetooth was not functional, had to have them ship me a new one. The price from Marina was excellent, but service not so much. For everything I've had to email repeatedly, call and leave messages, they seem really busy and hard to get a hold of. The replacement came directly from Maytronics, and works just fine. The bluetooth thing is kind of gimmicky, now that I have it working, I'll probably never use it. Also, the thing about setting it on a schedule is that there is this blue light blinking on the power supply. It lights up my whole patio and into our bedroom window at night. I also ended up getting the caddy just to use when I pull it out of the pool for swimming, and I like that, makes dealing with the cord easier when out of the pool. Come winter when I want it on the schedule to set and forget I'll probably get a cover for the caddy.

One data point, I got a $100 rebate for my Warrior SI even though they initially told me I didn't meet the minimum purchase price, and it was only eligible for $50 anyway. I would fill in the rebate form online even if you expect to be denied.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I picked up a Warrior SI a few weeks ago from Marina and the process couldn't have been easier.

I emailed them what model I wanted and Margaret responded by 1) creating an account for me on their site and 2) sending me an invoice for the cleaner so I could pay for it when I was ready. I never had to talk to anyone on the phone. I received the robot within 5 days of ordering it. Really easy process.

Worth noting, my rebate is in process with Pentair as well...no problems submitting that so far.

As for the operation of the cleaner, I've been really pleased. Before I start it, I walk to robot from the deep end of my pool, which is closest to the power outlet, down to the shallow end to stretch the cord out...no issues with tangling so far.
The bluetooth control is OK.. I used it to drive the Warrior from the deep end to the shallow end so I could pull it out and it took longer than I expected it too.

I picked up a Warrior SI a few weeks ago from Marina and the process couldn't have been easier.

I emailed them what model I wanted and Margaret responded by 1) creating an account for me on their site and 2) sending me an invoice for the cleaner so I could pay for it when I was ready. I never had to talk to anyone on the phone. I received the robot within 5 days of ordering it. Really easy process.

Worth noting, my rebate is in process with Pentair as well...no problems submitting that so far.

As for the operation of the cleaner, I've been really pleased. Before I start it, I walk to robot from the deep end of my pool, which is closest to the power outlet, down to the shallow end to stretch the cord out...no issues with tangling so far.
The bluetooth control is OK.. I used it to drive the Warrior from the deep end to the shallow end so I could pull it out and it took longer than I expected it too.
You can also put it automation mode and use a smart plug if you want to set a schedule.
I just slowly pull the cord when I take it out to clean, I am always worried about damaging It 🙀

Yeah I’ve been slowly pulling the cord as directed in the manual because the bluetooth driving takes too long.

I typically run the cleaner 3 maybe 4 times a week so far, mostly after the grass is cut. The timer/smart plug is a good idea but I feel weird about leaving it in the pool all the time.

You can also put it automation mode and use a smart plug if you want to set a schedule.
I just slowly pull the cord when I take it out to clean, I am always worried about damaging It 🙀

Yeah I’ve been slowly pulling the cord as directed in the manual because the bluetooth driving takes too long.

I typically run the cleaner 3 maybe 4 times a week so far, mostly after the grass is cut. The timer/smart plug is a good idea but I feel weird about leaving it in the pool all the time.
Mine stays in and I run it at night because my little Chihuahua thinks it’s a alien and it’s trying to escape and goes nuts. Here is a link to the forum about automation

Which testing kit did you order? do you need to order xl of everything? I have been waiting for the TF 100 test kit with the magnetic stir to be restocked. Wonder if I should just order wo the speed stir. my pool water should be in a week or so.

Pool is new as of September last year so still in the testing water for chlorine, ph, and TA almost every day. One of the other reasons for doing it myself is pool service and I have been working at odds with each other. Their TA target is somewhere above 100 and ph rises almost daily to high 7s or 8+. Plus they get chlorine of 3 when I get 5. So I get these wild swings in numbers. Manage in between but after all my reading on this site realized, I can do this.

I have the Taylor K-2006-Salt complete FAS-DPD chlorine. Ordered through Amazon. I compare prices for restocking of individual reagents with various companies and pick the best price. Most recently got some from Recreation Supply Company. All reagents had a 2022 expiration date. Slowly learning which ones I need in larger sizes.

Reactions: newpoolbuild
When I ordered my Warrior SE from Marina back in April, the shipping was free.
They do an excellent job with great customer service. I would recommend
contacting them to confirm any questions about products or shipping costs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.