Pentair Warrior SE vs. Dolphin S200

I bought the Warrior SE a couple months ago from Marina Pool and Spa. It was a little cheaper and identical to the S200. I leave it in the pool full time so no need for a holder. Works fantastic compared to my old suction cleaner. I don't think the BT control would help me as it pretty much gets everything by itself and I don't have any desire to "drive" the thing. Two things I learned about the SE important to me were:
  • Automation mode is not documented. You will need this if you want it to run every day using automation such as a smart plug or automation relay to turn it on and off. It runs for a 2 hour cycle then turns off. When you cycle power it will not turn on again unless it's in automation mode.
  • The fine filter plugs up and reduces suction. Basket doesn't look full but doesn't mean filters are good. Clean the filters weekly and you're fine.
I hope this helps. Marina was great to work with.

Chris

Are the prices on these pretty much the same year round? I didn’t know if I could get one cheaper at the end of the season ...

Well call me satisfied. The warrior SE from Marina showed up in 2 days from CO to TX and I put it in the next morning. FYI Fedex does not require signature during covid....anyhow read through the instructions and swapped out the fine mesh for the accordion, stretched out the cord dropped him in and off he went. Kids named him Scooby btw, and he did a good job picking up most the dirt and small leaves. 2hrs flat pretty much and he was done. Loving my little robot so far after just 2 rounds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can you set up a time to run everyday on the se?T
Yes. I used a smart plug. There are several brands to choose from. I used a TP-Link Smart Plug then use a home controller such as an Alexa device to control it. Here's how I set up mine:
  1. Follow the installation instructions and once it's in the water and ready to run plug the power unit into a regular wall socket.
  2. Put the robot in "automation mode". If you don't do this it will not work every day.
  3. Install the smart plug and set it up to connect with your local WiFi network through it's provided software. In my case it was Kasa software.
  4. Then open your Alexa app and add the device and name it. In my case the device is named Mattie.
  5. Set up a routine in Alexa. Here is a screen shot of the routine I use to start the robot every day at 10 am and stop 2 hrs later:
  6. 1597580027756.png
  7. Plug the robot into the smart plug after you've confirmed the routine is working.
You can also run it manually at any time in addition to the run time by simply click the device button, wait a few seconds to find the device then just click to run.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Last edited:
My first mistake is once you put it in automation mode if you push the power button on the power supply it goes back to normal..I found an old Motorola smart phone that I had and I leave it outside on wifi..
I also bought a refurbished Echo for $30 I have under the covered area, I got the bigger one so I can also use it for music.

I did what Chris suggested and can say Alexa run the squirrel and it runs for 20 minutes..I mainly run mine at night because my crazy 7pd dogs thinks it a monster and try's to bite it when it surfaces to clean the tile line :)

The only issue I had following Chris example is my smart plugs wasn't showing up..I have to go in device's and change from a plug to a light? Don't know why but it wouldn't let me choose it before that.
I mainly just use the VeSync app for the plug and set schedules

So I accidentally powered on the robot today while it was out of water...gave my dog a fright as he started rolling. I immediately grabbed it and started filling with water....fyi if you unplug the blue cable and the light is still blue, then plug it back in it immediately kicks on! Turn your power button off before adjusting the cable....my pug will never be the same but I assume no harm was done ;)

Reactions: setsailsoon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.