Pentair Warrior SE - length of power cord and Aux power control

I received my Warrior SE today and I am playing around with it. I was curious if I set it to one LED light to run once a day what time it would run and in researching this I ran across this thread. So trying to follow along I tried holding the button furthest to the right which looks like a timer to me and no lights come on as described. Am I doing something differently?
We have the cheap version :) They use the same physical power supply for a lot
Of models. Our SE doesn’t have those features but you won’t miss them.
Not sure but assumed the same time that you do it the first time.
If you use a smart plug and put it automation mode you can set it when ever you want.
I have mine to run an hour at 1am then 90 minutes at 5am again. I can still run it during the day if I want

I was reading the thread and was trying to figure out how to get into the automation mode and it seems when I plug it in and hold for ten seconds the third button mine does not light up the power button and the three number like described above. Which button should I be holding for ten seconds. I tried the button nearest the power button and the three lights blinked a few times but that seems like something different. Thanks for the reply

First turn everything off and push and hold the small button to the right of the power button the light should flash and go back off. Then you should be able to unplug it and plug back to turn on. I think you may have to unplug/plug twice to get it to work.
My lesson was if you ever manually push the power button it takes it out of automation mode

OK for what it is worth, I followed the process above however my units three green lights below the number 1,2,3 flashed without the power button lighting up but after unplugging and doing so twice the third time all the light powered up and now it is in automation mode.

Reactions: BenB
OK for what it is worth, I followed the process above however my units three green lights below the number 1,2,3 flashed without the power button lighting up but after unplugging and doing so twice the third time all the light powered up and now it is in automation mode.
Cool, I wish it was documented and Pentair acted like I made it up when I asked :)
I just have VeSync app and plug and works great.
I bought a refurbished echo I have under the covered area I can use if I don’t have my phone. I need to play around and see if I can set a timer so I can tell it to run for an hour.

Reactions: Dman77720
There will be no official documentation on it as Im sure Polaris wants you to buy more expensive units. Trust me it works. I wired mine to my AquaLink RS control panel and turn it on and off using timed programs for the Aqualink. Once you get in in Automation Mode it will stay in that mode unless you hit one of the buttons in which case it comes out and goes back to manual. I just put my unit in a waterproof box and never see it. So here is the procedure as best as I can describe it.

Unplug the unit wait a minute and re plug it in. Press and hold the timer which is right next to the power button and has the three led lights above it. You need to press it for 10 seconds which causes the 3 timer mode led's to flash a few times then they will start. (Some people say you have to do this twice). They will then go off and you are now in Automation Mode. To test it you unplug it and wait at least 2 minutes then re plug it and it will start up and you will see the power button and 3 led lights turn on and the unit will begin to run. (If it does not work hold the 3 lets down again to repeat). It will run through its cycle and turn off. To turn it back on unplug again, wait 2 minutes and replug in. DONT TOUCH ANY BUTTONS or it will come out of Automation mode. Any time it's running like this you can take it out of Automation Mode by pressing the power button but will have to go through the above procedure to put it back.

The power of the is that some people use an Alexa plug to start there cleaner or I'm my case I was able to use my existing pool controller to set it up with programs to cut on and off. Really anything that will cut the power on and off will work.

Srock is correct, anything that turns on power will work to control once you get it in automation mode. Don't know why it takes two tries sometimes but it usually does on mine. Below is a screen page of my Alexa routine for control of our Pentair Warrior SE (named her Matilda) on the Android version using my Samsung Note 8.

1590329413023.png

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Srock is correct, anything that turns on power will work to control once you get it in automation mode. Don't know why it takes two tries sometimes but it usually does on mine. Below is a screen page of my Alexa routine for control of our Pentair Warrior SE (named her Matilda) on the Android version using my Samsung Note 8.

View attachment 141311
Perfect! I need to name mine squirrel, my dog hates squirrels and goes nuts when the robot climbs to the top.

Reactions: Dman77720

View attachment 141311
Thanks, I got mine setup. I had to change my smart plug to a light but works like a charm!
I bought a refurbished 2 gen ( Amazon has them sometimes ) bigger Alexa for outside for $35. Looks brand new.
Nice to be able to turn on things and listen to music

Attachments

• FDB0C6C4-DB0B-48E9-88F5-D0254DC21440.png
    FDB0C6C4-DB0B-48E9-88F5-D0254DC21440.png
    552.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
when I tried to make a routine it wasn't letting me select my smart plug. I went into the device and told it it was a light. Can't remember how but them the routine would allow me to select it. First time I have done a routine so sorry I can't be more helpful :)

Reactions: DanF
I use these, I can tell alexa to turn it on and off but routine let me add a time..But it wouldn't let me add a action until I made the plug a light.

If I automated my Dolphin I'd need to have the plug outside, connected to a GFI outlet. Would that be safe? I also wonder if my WiFi signal would reach.

If I automated my Dolphin I'd need to have the plug outside, connected to a GFI outlet. Would that be safe? I also wonder if my WiFi signal would reach.
That's what all modern pools have and what mine has. If anything GFI are safer. You can use a WiFi extender or a mesh WiFi router to get the signal if needed. I've used TP link Smart Plugs and much cheaper KMC Smart Plugs. Only difference is how easy they are to set up. KMC required the "alternate pairing" mode which is a real pain because it requires the "alternate pairing" procedure which is very tedious and instructions aren't real clear. Even after that you don't have control until you teach Alexa the "new skill". But I will say they were much cheaper - about 25%. Have not had to set them up as lights on my Alexa. Alexa let's you set them as lights for when you plug a light into the Smart Plug and want to use the special light features. For example, you can tell her "goodnight" and it turns all lights off. Weird that some devices mentioned in this post won't work unless you set them up as a light.

Chris

If it’s covered should be ok but they are for indoor use. But I am not an electrician :)
As far as WiFi you can see if you can connect from your phone. It’s not a lot of data so will work with a weaker signal. I think once you set the schedule it's saved in the smart plug so you don't need wifi..I am a network engineer :)

That's what all modern pools have and what mine has. If anything GFI are safer. You can use a WiFi extender or a mesh WiFi router to get the signal if needed. I've used TP link Smart Plugs and much cheaper KMC Smart Plugs. Only difference is how easy they are to set up. KMC required the "alternate pairing" mode which is a real pain because it requires the "alternate pairing" procedure which is very tedious and instructions aren't real clear. Even after that you don't have control until you teach Alexa the "new skill". But I will say they were much cheaper - about 25%. Have not had to set them up as lights on my Alexa. Alexa let's you set them as lights for when you plug a light into the Smart Plug and want to use the special light features. For example, you can tell her "goodnight" and it turns all lights off. Weird that some devices mentioned in this post won't work unless you set them up as a light.

Chris
I don't know why my vesync one did that. But when I went to add it wasn't showing up but they are cheap, 2 for around $15 and I have them all over my house :) Nice to be able to have schedules but still kind of bothers me alexa is listening all the time but so are your smart phones :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.