Pentair Warrior SE - length of power cord and Aux power control

This will work fine. you can turn almost anything on and off with the relay so long as you have it available and are willing to use it and do the additional wiring that may be required. This is an example of getting automation that has expansion capability.

Chris

This will work fine. you can turn almost anything on and off with the relay so long as you have it available and are willing to use it and do the additional wiring that may be required. This is an example of getting automation that has expansion capability.

Chris

perfect. Thanks! I just rifled through the manual and seems easy enough.

Our build is scheduled for next month, so getting my ducks lined up while I still can.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Automation mode is great..Only trick is once it's in automation pushing the manual power button disables it. I put a hair net ( skimmer sock) over it to remind me not to push it :)

That's a good plan! I want to install the entire control panel box into a NEMA rated enclosure so it will be completely hands off and weatherproof.

Reactions: markayash
I lost automation mode when I started mine manual and couldn't get it to start back. Had an idea to unplug it and push power and that might reset it..Then when I pugged it back in the cleaner started and it's working..
Guessing automation mode was set just needed a "reset" by unplugging and pushing start to discharge any stored power.

If you set automation and it won't work remove power and press start ad it should light up and go out. Then test.
May have been a fluke.

I can’t seem to get automation mode to work on my warrior SE. I push the schedule button for 10 seconds, the three lights begin to blin them stop. And then nothing happens when I turn the smart switch off and back on. Any suggestions?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i was just wondering would it make sense to buy warrior SI instead of SE if its $50 more? does SI do automation?
i might have found the answer . looks like it doesn't really have automation just bluetooth control and bigger basket.

• There are two differences between SE and SI
    • Basket
    • Ability to control with phone app (drive and start cleaning process)

I found the differences of no value to me. If I wanted to "drive" it would be easier just to drag the thing by the cord or get in and position it. What really closed the door on the SI was the price of a replacement cable. For the SE it's doable but expensive. For the SI it's over half the cost of a new unit.

Chris

Reactions: markayash and DanF
i might have found the answer . looks like it doesn't really have automation just bluetooth control and bigger basket.

• There are two differences between SE and SI
    • Basket
    • Ability to control with phone app (drive and start cleaning process)
I love automation mode. In my case my dog thinks its a monster and barks everytime it comes up so i run it early morning. If the pool is dirty I run a 90 minute cycle at midnight and another one at 5 am :)

I love automation mode. In my case my dog thinks its a monster and barks everytime it comes up so i run it early morning. If the pool is dirty I run a 90 minute cycle at midnight and another one at 5 am :)
Thanks I have lot of home automation (z wave ) throughout the house. I can easily set this up with outdoor switch. I will get the warrior se.

Does anybody know what the requirements are for automation mode? Does it include all cleaners w/ a weekly timer? Anybody tried it w/ nautilus CC ?
EDIT:
I found my own answer in the place I thought I already looked 🤣
BB01B38C-7B7B-4D41-ADDD-70A75A27D818.jpeg

Last edited:
When mine is in Automation mode all 3 LED's above the timer button plus the lights around the power button flash then illuminate. When I unplug it and then plug it in the lights come on again and the robot runs a cycle. I programed mine with a simple WiFi plug and use Alexa to control it with a simple programmed routine. Try it a couple of times and I bet it works for you. If you have problems I'll make a video.
May I ask you, why are you controlling the robot via wifi plug/alexa instead of your Intellicenter? IS that just so you can use voice activation? Could you not wire the power to the intellicenter relay instead of using a smart wifi plug? I'm building my pool now and considering both methods (smart plug vs intellicenter)... so v interested in your experience... thx!

There will be no official documentation on it as Im sure Polaris wants you to buy more expensive units. Trust me it works. I wired mine to my AquaLink RS control panel and turn it on and off using timed programs for the Aqualink. Once you get in in Automation Mode it will stay in that mode unless you hit one of the buttons in which case it comes out and goes back to manual. I just put my unit in a waterproof box and never see it. So here is the procedure as best as I can describe it.

Unplug the unit wait a minute and re plug it in. Press and hold the timer which is right next to the power button and has the three led lights above it. You need to press it for 10 seconds which causes the 3 timer mode led's to flash a few times then they will start. (Some people say you have to do this twice). They will then go off and you are now in Automation Mode. To test it you unplug it and wait at least 2 minutes then re plug it and it will start up and you will see the power button and 3 led lights turn on and the unit will begin to run. (If it does not work hold the 3 lets down again to repeat). It will run through its cycle and turn off. To turn it back on unplug again, wait 2 minutes and replug in. DONT TOUCH ANY BUTTONS or it will come out of Automation mode. Any time it's running like this you can take it out of Automation Mode by pressing the power button but will have to go through the above procedure to put it back.

The power of the is that some people use an Alexa plug to start there cleaner or I'm my case I was able to use my existing pool controller to set it up with programs to cut on and off. Really anything that will cut the power on and off will work.
srock - did you plug your robot into a GFCI outlet wired to an Aqualink relay, or did you skip the outlet altogether and wired the robot's power cord directly to an Aqualink relay? I'm building right now and trying to figure out the correct setup myself. thx!

Does anybody know what the requirements are for automation mode? Does it include all cleaners w/ a weekly timer? Anybody tried it w/ nautilus CC ?
EDIT:
I found my own answer in the place I thought I already looked 🤣
View attachment 313645
Funny, my Pentair SE is automation mode now but when I asked Pentair a question they replied basically " we have no idea what your talking about"

Reactions: DanF
May I ask you, why are you controlling the robot via wifi plug/alexa instead of your Intellicenter? IS that just so you can use voice activation? Could you not wire the power to the intellicenter relay instead of using a smart wifi plug? I'm building my pool now and considering both methods (smart plug vs intellicenter)... so v interested in your experience... thx!
This is how I control mine. The poolside GFCI outlet is on an aux relay in my intellicenter. Works great!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.