Pentair Superflo VS with SolarTouch

RicksterB

Apr 29, 2021
Corrales, NM
Moved from HERE

Realize that this is an old post...I'm looking to do the same thing ...Solartouch with a Superflo VS. I currently have a new Superflo VS and a GL=235 controller. I don't like the GL-235 since it does not have a temp display and it does not communicate with my pump...this controller and solar system was just installed, wish I had known about the GL-235 prior then I could have asked the installed to use a Solartouch.

Topher55 - has everything been working fine? Looking at pulling the trigger on ordering a Solartouch. Are there any newer or better options out there?

Thanks!
-Rick

Welcome to the forum!
How new of a Superflo VS pump do you have? If manufactured since 11/2020 it can use RS485 control with certain Pentair automation systems. You will need to check if the Solartouch is one of them.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Last edited:
I connected everything yesterday as stated in Jimrahbe's post on Feb 27,2017 and everything works great...connecting to the booster pump relay, using the red 5v wire and the yellow speed 2 control. When the solar turns on it turns on speed 2 of the pump. When it turns off, the pump goes back to it's programmed schedule.

Thanks to everyone on the old 2017 posts!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.