Pentair single speed 1 HP pump ?

Here's my take on them:
Run time is really dependent on what it take to clear debris from your pool. If the skimmer gets the leaves in a few hours. That's all that you really need. There is an article that talks about it in more detail. I'll look for it. Found it: Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Yes, it can. You will need to add one more timer or a switch to select between the two speeds. I/we can help you with that too.

1. Is 4 hours per day a normal run time for a pump ? (We are currently running our 1 HP Single Speed 8 hours per day for our 8,000 gallon)

2. Will our Timer from the Single Speed Pump run the Dual Speed Pump without any problem ?

1. 4 hours should be plenty for an 8,000 gallon pool.

2. should be if the timer voltage matches the motor voltage.

1. 4 hours should be plenty for an 8,000 gallon pool.

2. should be if the timer voltage matches the motor voltage.

Thanks borjis! We have pump set for 6 hours currently so will make the adjustment.

Is there a good video resource like a Youtube channel to watch the motor replacement process ?

(Here's a pic of the timer and (2) 110 V electric outlet)

With 8,000 gallon you might even be just fine at 2 hours a day.

I've been running only 2 per day the last few months on my 13,000 gallon pool
and the water / pool is still very clean. Possibly my 1.5 hp filter motor is over kill.

those pics are showing small and can't make out the model of the timer.

what model timer is that? We can derive the voltage it is from it likely.

With 8,000 gallon you might even be just fine at 2 hours a day.

I've been running only 2 per day the last few months on my 13,000 gallon pool
and the water / pool is still very clean. Possibly my 1.5 hp filter motor is over kill.

those pics are showing small and can't make out the model of the timer.

what model timer is that? We can derive the voltage it is from it likely.

Thanks borjis,

On Youtube, they recommend pumping 2-times the water through the pump during hot summer months? Is this not correct ?

Attaching more pics for insight.

Thank you!

No that is not correct. Read the pump run time study in my sig. 2 hours is all you need for water quality more for debris cleanup.

Possibly. If you have a large pool with a small swg, you may need more run time to generate the chlorine you need.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Judging by the timer label, thats a 230volt timer.

why are you running a 40k swg in an 8k pool? why not the 20k?...won't hurt anything just costs more.

Buying the largest cell in order to not need to replace the cell as often and save money over the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging by the timer label, thats a 230volt timer.

why are you running a 40k swg in an 8k pool? why not the 20k?...won't hurt anything just costs more.

Thanks borjis,

What is the significance of having a 230V timer ?

- - - Updated - - -

For just the swg, you could probably generate enough in 30 min.

So, running our pump for 2 hours per day would be plenty in order to generate enough chlorine with this SWG ?

You can use a 240V timer on a 120V pump - just use 1 hot pole and use the other wire to the neutral pole (white wire from the breaker panel). This is assuming you are using a 3wire (red, black and white - red and black hot, white neutral) plus ground from the breaker panel to the timer (which I am) .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.