Pentair ScreenLogic Alexa Skill GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been using that skill for over 2 years. For Pentair to break it and then give us some BS about relaunching is a bunch of bologna. If they were planning on releasing an update then this is NOT the way to do it.

shall be back in the amazon skills 'store soon' reply received from tech support. note additional commentary was a response to me asking about Mac support that use to work.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.36.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.36.18 AM.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 12
I’ve been using that skill for over 2 years. For Pentair to break it and then give us some BS about relaunching is a bunch of bologna. If they were planning on releasing an update then this is NOT the way to do it.

shall be back in the amazon skills 'store soon' reply received from tech support. note additional commentary was a response to me asking about Mac support that use to work.

Attachments

38.9 KB · Views: 4
Same with me - yesterday was the first day mine did this - the day before I was in the pool and we used it all the time - dang it ... I hope this is temporary.

Attachments

38.9 KB · Views: 2
Exactly what I got as well from iOT and product lead managers today. Two weeks and ScreenLogic and IntelliCenter Amazon Alexa Skills should be back up.
Thanks..
r.

Was having trouble getting my Alexa skill working and figured I'd come to TFP to get the lowdown...

I have the Pentair IntelliCenter skill, but when I try to link the account it prompts for authorization, but when I click on yes it does nothing.

Pentair.PNG

Seems like we're not alone, below are the most recent customer reviews - makes you wonder if Pentair even bother to read these.

David Ruvolo on May 27, 2020
Terrible execution then just disappeared
Skill was developed with as little effort as possible. Commands would often not work. Had to call everything Pentair still. Skills have come a long way from requiring you invoke it by a name. Then for whatever reason it was just gone. Must be great to have a company and decide that a failed effort should just be abandoned instead of incrementally improved. You already got me to invest thousands. Switching to a competitor is a significant cost. You believe that allows you to offer a crappy service. It doesn’t. When your stuff breaks somebody else will get my money to replace it. Whoever reads this before they make a purchase I urge you to do your research.

Kelly Werthmuller on May 21, 2020
used to work
used to work with apple and alexa abd now it does not access my account. was awesome whileni had it and now it sucks balls.

MichelleC on May 13, 2020
What happened?
So it worked.. Then it didnt work for a couple of months, then finally started working for me a couple of months ago, but now the skill is completely gone?! Why? I loved having it!

Amazon Customer on April 27, 2020
Garbage - Zero Stars
This should be an easy app to manage and somehow you did it wrong.

ElPrimero on April 16, 2020
No More Alexa—what happened?
It used to work with Alexa, but as other recently said you can no longer link your pentair account to Alexa. So it no longer works for me. Also, I’m no fan of the IOS interface, especially iPhone. On the pool equipment pane, it gives buttons for every conceivable control option, so the radio buttons line up clear clear across the screen and beyond so I can’t reach the buttons that I really need! So much potential, such lacking execution. Pentair developers, hello?

Tuyen Lau on April 14, 2020
No more Alexa app?
I purchased a new intellitouch system thinking I could link with Alexa based on marketing from Pentair, but it doesn't appear like the Alexa integration is available anymore?

Erica Koch on March 19, 2020
Patience ran out
As others have stated before me I found the skill unable to link to my account. I have given a few months of patience all while trying each week to see if it is corrected but to no avail. I’d be willing to change my rating for a working skill within the app.

Jeremy Raczkowski on March 15, 2020
Doesn’t Work!
This is unbelievable! I read all the negative reviews stating the skill won’t link accounts, thinking someone would fix it, but no luck. I can’t even get started because I can’t link my Pentair account. This is junk! Why not pull the app down if you aren’t going to fix and maintain it? Why embarrass yourself??

Reactions: Snedabyte
Spoke with Pentair support yesterday. Just posting the facts of what was said:
- The app has only been unavailable in the app store for 2 or 3 weeks.
- The app was taken down as part of an upgrade for the new Pentair control center.
- The decision to take the app down was made by a 3rd party that develops/provides the Pentair app.
- They have meetings every Friday and in the last meeting the support reps were told it should be back up in a week or two.

I let the Rep know:
- I think the app has been down since late March or early April.
- The app should not have been taken down but should rather have been updated for the new Intellicenter and replaced.
- As a customer and IT guy I think there should have been a notification of the plans, no matter what they are. They have our emails because we have to have a server account.
- Pentair has missed the mark on working with their customers. Support obviously doesn't know what's going on and their product managers are allowing bad decisions to be made on their software.

The Rep claimed he'd try to find out more in their Friday meeting and would not allow the topic to be brushed over.

Guess we will see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the update Bill. I agree that this is pretty poor project management from Pentair if what you were told is true. Downtime of a week or two could be tolerated, but several months??? To be totally honest, I'd rather they open up the API and allow interested parties to develop their own apps.

I'm beginning to regret going with Pentair. Been a disaster from the start, support was incompetent and slow and I eventually solved the problem by coming to these forums where the real experts are. Now I'm finding out Alexa is not currently supported.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pentair rep told me they were supposed to have a team meeting today where he'd bring up this issue. I'll call Monday to see if he learned anything and will post an update.

I emailed the Pentair technical support representative today and this is the response I received:

“Unfortunately we are currently awaiting Amazon's acceptance system for the skill. They are taking longer than expected for this but we do not have any control over their processes. I am estimating one to two more weeks until it will be back in the store.”

Reactions: GDN and guinness
I did call them Monday and received the same message as above about them waiting for Amazon. Based on the lack of knowledge of the issue and resolution by the tech who supposedly supports automation, I have zero confidence in this being an amazon issue.

Reactions: GDN
I did call them Monday and received the same message as above about them waiting for Amazon. Based on the lack of knowledge of the issue and resolution by the tech who supposedly supports automation, I have zero confidence in this being an amazon issue.
Having worked with teams that have published Amazon skills, I can tell you it's a lie. It takes about 7 days to get it published or get feedback on your mistakes. This is definitely not Amazon. Pentair are really burning their reputation.

Greetings,

I recently installed the various components to allow me to use Pentair’s ScreenLogic and I was looking forward to setting it up with my Amazon Alexa, only to find out that the skill wasn’t available.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted the following in the Amazon developer questions page, where some one from amazon should answer. I will keep you guys posted. "Hi, I contacted Pentair regarding their intellicenter and screenlogic skills being disabled and no longer available as Alexa skills. I contacted Pentair on 5/12/20 and they stated that they are awaiting approval from Amazon, and they thought it would be ready in a week. I also contacted them on 6/9/20 and they stated that they are still awaiting approval of the skill from Amazon. Is there anyway you can streamline the approval as they stated they are just waiting for Amazon's approval."

Reactions: GDN and MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.