I think your pool and my pool were connected . I was controlling someone in California before I realized that my device was duplicated. Pentair Tech Support has been amazing. They sent me a new controller right away. This was early last season. Too Funny.Just an educated guess, at one point in the past my controller started returning strange results - and not showing a feature. The reported temp was incorrect as well. Turns out they had a run of duplicate MAC ids on the boards and I was connecting to a non-password connected board with the same MAC address in some other city. I contacted pentair and they sent me a new controller. It has worked well since then. I am curious if the skill has some similar issue and was connecting the incorrect pools and controlling them due to a db corruption or some sunch on the back end. Make sure you use a pasword for remote connections.
Maybe this will get their attention... Please keep us informed. The reason they have completely disregarded consumer's many calls to fix all of the software related issues, is because they believe that they can. That's my opinion anyway. I got a couple of irons in the fire to go at them from a little bit different direction as well. Thanks for standing up regarding this whole mess!Months ago I had found the amazon url for the skill (hidden, only found via a google search) and was able to add it through there. Then, in the past week, I tried to use it and Alexa said the skill was no longer available. WTF!!! I tried searching for it again (via Google, the same url I believe someone posted above) and it is now a defunct link. I had called Pentair support months ago when I was initially unable to find the skill via normal means, and they said it was being escalated because they were working on it.
OK. So NOW.....
I am currently in the queue with Pentair support, and will inform them that if they cannot provide me with Alexa support for Screenlogic, for which they CURRENTLY ADVERTISE, I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Plain and simple. FALSE ADVERTISING is a CRIME!!!!!
no problem for me with the iOS and watch app. first time you install the watch app, you just log into the system via your phone as 'remote' , and then use the watch app. after that, works remote or on your network.All,
My ramblings on this (and other related Pentair software/fimware/IC web client/ET & IT Screenlogic/apps/Alexa Skills issues.
1. You can call Pentair Tech Support (see provided contact info below). It won't hurt. But the tech support reps/desk cannot do anything about it except generate a trouble ticket and forward it to the Software Development and Engineering Department (SD&E), (believe me, I know from experience).
2. This is where the problem lies. Tech Support wields zero power or influence over the SD&E department. In fact, I have an ongoing issue with the iOS Apple Watch app (in that it doesn't work at all), and after several follow ups between tech support and SD&E, Tech Support was told in no uncertain terms "stop bugging us about it. we know".
3. My opinion of the Pentair Tech Support Reps that I deal with, are that they are "top notch". BUT, when it comes to any issue dealing with software/apps/Alexa Skills etc., their hands are tied.
4. I have even attempted to elevate issues to the supervisor of tech support to the supervisor of SD&E. What I then experienced, was the ole "exercise in futility". Apparently, SD&E answers to "NO ONE"!!! And frankly, I am of the opinion, that they could care less about your amazon skills issue. (sorry, but I believe this to be a sad but true reality.) They are NOT beholden to the public like Tech Support is because they refuse to deal with the public.
5. There is absolutely NO WAY, (that I have found anyway), to contact them directly. Trust me, I have done my sleuthing on the internet and have come up empty. I have asked Tech Support repeatedly, if they could please forward me to SD&E or get us on a conference call. Tech Support is not allowed to do that. I have asked to have my emails forwarded to SD&E and that was done but with zero response.
6. My next course of action is to begin a letter writing campaign directed at the corporate officers of Pentair, as I have been able to dig up their email addresses. (I will not be denied lol....). But, I have been holding off until the majority of this COVID-19 pandemic has subsided and most are back to work. I believe that if I (or anyone else) should start writing now, it will only be met with excuses that "Pentair is at reduced staffing levels" or "no one is in the office" etc, etc., so we can't help you right now..
Trust me, I am walking in the same shoes as you are. My Pentair IC Alexa skill does not work anymore, my iPhone app is not 100%, my Apple Watch app no longer functions, my IC web client has serious glitches and bugs and is not nearly as comprehensive as it should be. And even my IC android desktop app is not right. In fact, the only things that function properly and have a "Pentair" label attached to them, is the IntelliCenter Control Panel itself (and it's firmware), pumps, valves, heater, SWCG etc.
So I guess the only alternatives that I can suggest or that I am aware of are:
1. Wait it out... Maybe someday some of these issues "might" be addressed. But PLEASE, don't hold your breath. 2. Take the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" approach and dig in and start fighting with Pentair. NOTE: As I am doing, you might choose to hold off until after most of the COVID-19 "stay at home" measures have been lifted. So they, (Pentair) cannot use that as an excuse.3. Find alternative "home-brew" solutions.4. Or lastly, just give up on your attempts to use some of these features, that you thought would be so awesome when you were initially researching and then finally purchasing your Pentair automation systems.
Here is the contact information for Pentair....
Pentair Customer Service / Technical Support -
8 AM to 8 PM — Eastern and Pacific Times
- Customer Service
Phone: (800) 831-7133
Fax: (800) 284-4151
Toll Free (800) 831-7133
- Technical Support
Sanford, North Carolina (8 AM to 8 PM ET)
Phone: (919) 566-8000
Fax: (919) 566-8920
Moorpark, California (5 AM to 5 PM PT)
Phone: (805) 553-5000
Fax: (805) 553-5515
t,no problem for me with the iOS and watch app. first time you install the watch app, you just log into the system via your phone as 'remote' , and then use the watch app. after that, works remote or on your network.
yes: Alexa skill 'removed' and Alex told me it's no longer available. I submitted a 'ticket' to tech support.
Quite sad and truly a joke - that skill has worked with Alexa for several years. It would lose connectivity and you had to log back in, but even that had been pretty solid the last 6 months. If it doesn't work it is simply because they screwed with it. The poor front line people answering the phone NEVER get the real story.Just heard back from the support. This is what they had to say:
"At this time Alexa is not supported with ScreenLogic 2. Our team is working hard to get it up and running. We don't have an official relaunch date to be announced."
I had just ordered an Amazon Echo just so I could control my pool with Alexa. Within two hours of ordering, I found out the Pentair skills were removed. Hopefully someone can light a fire under these people, and this gets resolved soon.
I’ve been using that skill for over 2 years. For Pentair to break it and then give us some BS about relaunching is a bunch of bologna. If they were planning on releasing an update then this is NOT the way to do it."At this time Alexa is not supported with ScreenLogic 2. Our team is working hard to get it up and running. We don't have an official relaunch date to be announced."
However, I may have found a couple of portals, in which to air any future software complaints (since tech support cannot do much about software, except "pass it along" to Software Development and Engineering).So, it’s been almost about a month now, since I received the Pentair IntelliCenter Control System automation equipment and “let the fun begin”. I thought that I might share my experiences and my opinions up to this point, in case others may be considering the purchase and use of this particular...www.troublefreepool.com
or the Google Play Store (Android app). NO response from Pentair.Wherever you are, the new IntelliCenter(tm) Control System for Pool and Spa makes it easier and more intuitive than ever to control your pool. Use your familiar iOS® mobile devices from anywhere in the world. IntelliCenter features new color touchscreen interfaces at the equipment pad as well...apps.apple.com
skill going back into amazon for review and approval. should be back online soon. part of my tech support ticket was asking for when the Mac will be RE-supported. unknown at this time.Quite sad and truly a joke - that skill has worked with Alexa for several years. It would lose connectivity and you had to log back in, but even that had been pretty solid the last 6 months. If it doesn't work it is simply because they screwed with it. The poor front line people answering the phone NEVER get the real story.