Pentair Minimax CH 200m

Tony Lanz

May 19, 2020
Michigan
Hi I opened the pool the other day and the pilot lit but heater would not ignite. I was messing with it and disconnected one of the yellow wires on the millivolt probe thermistor that connects to the I suppose mother board and it fired up. It stayed lit but only shut off when the pool pump shut off. I ordered a new millivolt probe and replaced it. Well that didn't solve my problem but even worse when I disconnect one of the yellow wires now it don't light. Any ideas tips or suggestions would be great.

This should be the manual for your heater; Electrical; Millivolt Wiring Diagram - Pentair Pool Products MiniMax CH Operation & Installation Manual [Page 17] | ManualsLib. Don't know where you disconnected and reconnected wires, but if you look at the wiring diagram on page 17 you will see that the only 2 wires coming from the thermopile ( the part that sits in the pilot flame ) both connect to the gas valve. I do not see a yellow wire listed ( may be a white wire that has discolored from age).

It was the wire from the millivolt probe thermistor which I believe senses the water flow and connects to the circuit board. Thats the item I changed and unplugged when I was messing with it just to see if wires had been corroded. So I thought that had gone bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.