Pentair Intelliflo VSF 011056 replacing vs 3050 - control cable question

kitamiman

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 20, 2011
I am swapping out a dead Pentair vs3050 with a new Pentair Intelliflo VSF 011056.

The original vs3050 control cable from the panel fits the control cable plug socket on the VSF, but it does not have the screw on retainer so I suspect it may not be exactly the same.

Can I simply plug the original vs3050 control cable from the panel into the VSF or do I need to rewire it back to the panel? Thought it best not to simply plug it in in case I fry something :(

Before anyone says I should get a pool pro in, please note that I am in a remote location and there are no pool pros....

Thanks to all who respond.

Last edited:
Kit,

We have never heard of a VCF... So, show us some pics of your new pump, so we can make sure we are all on the same page.

Pentair makes several different Variable Speed pumps, so we need to make sure we know which one you have now.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ugh - sorry. Have edited my original post... New pump is Pentair Intelliflo VSF 011056...

Yes, your old cable should work with the 011056 pump.

But a new cable comes with the 011056 pump.

Kit,

The 3050 is a very old pump and it may not have the same connector. Not saying it does, just saying it is possible.

What did you do with the cable that comes with the new 011056?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Kit,

If nothing else, you should compare the pump end of the old cable with the pump end of the new cable and see what they look like.

Please let up know what you find, as it might help someone else in the future...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks to all who replied.

I realized that although the VSF 011056 does not have the screw on cable retainer on the pump, the cable that came with it (350122) does, and cable 350122 is also sold as a replacement cable for the vs3050. Thus, I think the cable is the same. Have not yet plugged it in - if there are any negative consequences when I do I will report back.
Thanks again to those who replied.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.