Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information

NOTE: Please note however, that I seemed to have discovered a glitch with this latest Web-Client Version.
While navigating around looking for changes, I discovered that when I navigate to SETTINGS > SCHEDULES and try to expand an existing schedule, the expanded schedule screen will NOT stay open now. Anyone else experiencing that? I tried three different web browsers, all with the same result.
r,

I noticed the same glitch. Then all of a sudden it retained the expanded schedule display in the home screen but quit taking changes to the run time as per my PM to you. I haven't verified if this is a display issue only or if the schedule is actually changed but not displayed properly.

By the way, thanks so much for the details on firmware versions including the current roll-out. This is very helpful to me and I'm sure a lot of others on here.

Chris

r,

I noticed the same glitch. Then all of a sudden it retained the expanded schedule display in the home screen but quit taking changes to the run time as per my PM to you. I haven't verified if this is a display issue only or if the schedule is actually changed but not displayed properly.

By the way, thanks so much for the details on firmware versions including the current roll-out. This is very helpful to me and I'm sure a lot of others on here.

Chris
Chris,
Just opened the Web-Client and navigated to the SETTINGS > SCHEDULES page and attempted to open a saved schedule. It appears that mine is still doing the same thing. When I click on the schedule it momentarily pops open and then immediately closes again. I'll call tech support and get a ticket open on this issue.
Kinda hard to edit a schedule when it won't stay open. :oops:
Thanks much!!
r.

Last edited:
Good morning all,
In reference to my post #177 above, titled Pentair IntelliCenter System and Web-Client Update Information, @cmc0619, has thoughtfully provided a link to the Pentair Download Center where IntelliCenter users can download the latest publicly released firmware version 1.040. For those IntelliCenter users who do not want to wait for the Over-the-Air (OTA) "push", this is a great way to download and install the update immediately.
Here is the link: IntelliCenter Version 1.040, January 2020
Thanks again Cliff!
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr0ntab and Spookie
Called Pentair and opened a ticket with reference to the issue that I described in my NOTE in post #177 above. (NOTE: Please note however, that I seemed to have discovered a glitch with this latest Web-Client Version. While navigating around looking for changes, I discovered that when I navigate to SETTINGS > SCHEDULES and try to expand an existing schedule in order to edit the schedule, the expanded schedule screen will NOT stay open now when clicked on).

I'll give them a week to fix and if no change, I'll call next week and attempt to elevate the issue. I know a few others are having the same issue as well. Schedules can still be edited successfully via the mobile app or at the panel touch-screen however.
r.

Called Pentair and opened a ticket with reference to the issue that I described in my NOTE in post #177 above. (NOTE: Please note however, that I seemed to have discovered a glitch with this latest Web-Client Version. While navigating around looking for changes, I discovered that when I navigate to SETTINGS > SCHEDULES and try to expand an existing schedule in order to edit the schedule, the expanded schedule screen will NOT stay open now when clicked on).

I'll give them a week to fix and if no change, I'll call next week and attempt to elevate the issue. I know a few others are having the same issue as well. Schedules can still be edited successfully via the mobile app or at the panel touch-screen however.
r.
Ron,

Thanks for your efforts... fingers crossed!

Chris

Reactions: MyAZPool
@MyAZPool - This thread was the first thing that I found when I Googled "Pentair Intellicenter" and it was what led me to find TFP and convinced me that my PB was supplying the best equipment available at the moment. Thanks so much for this information. I have enjoyed reading through this and appreciate all the time you have spent ironing out the issues and paving the way and making things easier for newbs like me!

PB just got everything connected back to my Intellicenter yesterday. I spent the past weekend running a hard wired Ethernet line out to the panel and connected up the com cables to the pumps for the PB. Spent the rest of the weekend playing around with the panel as much as I could. I could not get on the web or mobile interfaces because they had the system in service mode since nothing was connected up. Looking forward to them getting everything turned over so I can start playing with stuff and 'fixing' it the way I would prefer it.

Looking forward to the future discussions on this as well as the offshoot threads this has generated.

--Jeff

Looks like it's only place with knowledge about intellicenter :)

Since updating to 1.04 version - my intellicenter always resets heater temperature to 78f with each morning (schedule restart) - wasn't problem before update - any ideas how to deal with it?

Another problem I have - Intellicenter App (android) losing connection to panel in about 30s-1minute of inactivity - which is quite annoying - and only way to 're-connect- it's restart app and re-login. Is there any settings that can change it?

@MyAZPool - This thread was the first thing that I found when I Googled "Pentair Intellicenter" and it was what led me to find TFP and convinced me that my PB was supplying the best equipment available at the moment. Thanks so much for this information. I have enjoyed reading through this and appreciate all the time you have spent ironing out the issues and paving the way and making things easier for newbs like me!

PB just got everything connected back to my Intellicenter yesterday. I spent the past weekend running a hard wired Ethernet line out to the panel and connected up the com cables to the pumps for the PB. Spent the rest of the weekend playing around with the panel as much as I could. I could not get on the web or mobile interfaces because they had the system in service mode since nothing was connected up. Looking forward to them getting everything turned over so I can start playing with stuff and 'fixing' it the way I would prefer it.

Looking forward to the future discussions on this as well as the offshoot threads this has generated.

--Jeff
Jeff,
Outstanding and congrats on your new install. Feel free to ping me if I might be able to assist with your IntelliCenter.
r.

See post #190 below.
Morning all,
Found a "work-around" for the problem experience by myself and setsailsoon, as referenced above regarding the schedules not opening up in order to edit them.The work-around is a bit of a pain if you have quite a bit of schedules, but at least the issue is "fixable".

1. Create a screenprint of your current schedules (so you can remember what you got as far as Feature Circuits scheduled, times, days etc.).
2. Delete your schedules (yea, I know).
3. Create the same schedules over again.
4. When you click on the newly created schedules for editing, they will now stay open.

Looks as though when they released the latest Web-Client update (WebServer Version 1.044 b1) in January, some software dude discombobulated something that prevents existing schedules in the Web-Client to stay open when clicked in order to edit. :(
I called Tech support but nothing has been done in a timely manner yet, so if you need to edit your existing schedules, here's the fix.

r.

Last edited:
Grrrrrrr :mad:
Regarding the advice that I posted above, please disregard.
That work-around seemed to work when I originally set it up. I was working on a project later today and needed to come back to the schedule page and it had went and reverted back to the same problem as before.
I tried 4 different browsers and NO JOY...
Hey Pentair, guess we'll be having another conversation regarding this issue tomorrow morning bright and early :rolleyes:. Two weeks ago I allowed them to remote into my system and they experienced the same issue. Two weeks and nothing???
Sorry for the temporary false hope. I'll post whatever I find out.
r.

Reactions: setsailsoon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The two thing I wish my EZ Touch would do would be
1. Run diagnostics on equipment such as SWG and Intelliflow
2. Notify me when something is not working correctly Ie SWG not producing chlorine or pump not when it should be as examples.
Can the IC do this??

B,

I suggest we wait for @MyAZPool to answer... but my guess is that the IntelliCenter can't do either one.. The ET and ScreenLogic can show delays and alerts, just like the IntelliCenter, but it does not really know if something is not working properly.

Thanks,

Jim R.

The two thing I wish my EZ Touch would do would be
1. Run diagnostics on equipment such as SWG and Intelliflow
2. Notify me when something is not working correctly Ie SWG not producing chlorine or pump not when it should be as examples.
Can the IC do this??
IntelliFlo Alerts/Notifications include the following: Alerts can be provided via the various interface devices and via email.
IntelliFlo VS/VF/VSF rate and power​
Over Voltage Alarm​
Over current Alarm​
Power Outage Alarm​
Priming Alarm​
Drive Over-Temperature​
Drive Temperature Warning​
Communications with Pump - Lost​
IntelliChlor Alerts/Notifications include:
Cold Water Cutoff Alarm​
Low Salt Warning​
Very Low Salt Warning​
Clean and Inspect Alarm​
Communication lost with the IntelliChlor​
Heater Alerts/Notifications include: (Note, Most of these alarms are only provided with the higher end Pentair Heaters that communicate to the IntelliCenter via the RS-485 bus).
High Water Temperature​
Low Water Tempeature​
Low Water Flow​
Remote Relay Alarm​
Water Thermistor Open​
Water Thermistor Shorted​
Defrost Thermistor Open​
Defrost Thermistor Shorted​
Brownout​
High Refrigerant Pressure​
Low Refrigerant Pressure​
Communication lost with Heater​

Note: Jimrahbe is correct that this is not a very "smart" system.
r.

Last edited:
Grrrrrrr :mad:
Regarding the advice that I posted above, please disregard.
That work-around seemed to work when I originally set it up. I was working on a project later today and needed to come back to the schedule page and it had went and reverted back to the same problem as before.
I tried 4 different browsers and NO JOY...
Hey Pentair, guess we'll be having another conversation regarding this issue tomorrow morning bright and early :rolleyes:. Two weeks ago I allowed them to remote into my system and they experienced the same issue. Two weeks and nothing???
Sorry for the temporary false hope. I'll post whatever I find out.
r.
Ron,
Got your PM and I tried this. Sadly it didn't work for me either. Good luck on the call tomorrow and please let them know everybody wants this repaired soon. Thanks again for carrying the ball on this.

Chris

Ron,
Got your PM and I tried this. Sadly it didn't work for me either. Good luck on the call tomorrow and please let them know everybody wants this repaired soon. Thanks again for carrying the ball on this.

Chris
Chris,
Just got off the phone with Pentair TS. They are definitely aware of the issue.
Off course the guys that I wanted to actually talk with are at lunch but I left messages for them to return my call.

The level 1 tech that I spoke with told me that they have a "multitude" of tickets regarding ongoing server issues. I guess the folks who work with the servers and deal with the web-client told the TS desk that they "don't need any more trouble tickets" :rolleyes:

I'll keep all informed as soon as I get something a little more definitive. I'm planning on "shaking this tree" until I get some "fruit" :p It's been over two weeks now regarding this issue.
Thanks..
r.

Chris,
Just got off the phone with Pentair TS. They are definitely aware of the issue.
Off course the guys that I wanted to actually talk with are at lunch but I left messages for them to return my call.

The level 1 tech that I spoke with told me that they have a "multitude" of tickets regarding ongoing server issues. I guess the folks who work with the servers and deal with the web-client told the TS desk that they "don't need any more trouble tickets" :rolleyes:

I'll keep all informed as soon as I get something a little more definitive. I'm planning on "shaking this tree" until I get some "fruit" :p It's been over two weeks now regarding this issue.
Thanks..
r.
Thanks for the update! Don't understand why the main part of this can't be fixed quickly. They don't seem to have an exhaustive update testing process!

I won't gum up the works any worse with an additional ticket unless you advise me to do so.

Many thanks!

Chris

@MyAZPool - as others have said, thanks for this great thread. I have been following it for sometime and joined TroubleFreePool because of it.

I have had my Intellicenter installed at my Beach House for just over a year and had many hassles but love the potential (much more potential than IntelliTouch and ScreenLogic2 which I have at my home although not as stable). I have been running on 1.036 for 6 or 7 months (Beta - I think) and will update to 1.040 when I go down to my BeachHouse in a week’s time.

Three remaining problems that I have had and would appreciate any input on are:

1. I have 22 lights (spread over 19 light circuits - I.e. a little bit of doubling up) and control is flaky. If I manually change the colour for all lights to, say, blue, it will change around half of the lights to blue and leave the other half on the previous colour. The problem is that the app shows all the lights as having changed and I then need to manually, one by one, change them from blue to something else and back to blue (and wait half a minute or so between changes). I will get everything right but it takes 10 minutes... so I pretty much stick to one colour (Blue). Colour swim is hugely impressive but changing to a single colour afterwards is a massive hassle (as outlined above).

2. Integration to Control4 (home automation) is very poor and I’d love to see the driver improved to allow some basic functionality like turning on and off vacation mode (my favorite feature of the Intellicenter).

3. The chlorine level on my Intellichem always shows as full and never reduces (unlike the acid level which goes down as it should). I guess this is an Intellichem question (as the same behavior is apparent on the Intellichem controller, so this is not an Intellicenter issue per se).

Looks like it's only place with knowledge about intellicenter :)

Since updating to 1.04 version - my intellicenter always resets heater temperature to 78f with each morning (schedule restart) - wasn't problem before update - any ideas how to deal with it?

Another problem I have - Intellicenter App (android) losing connection to panel in about 30s-1minute of inactivity - which is quite annoying - and only way to 're-connect- it's restart app and re-login. Is there any settings that can change it?
I had the same problem with my temperature resetting each morning. Changing it in the app or on the website worked for the day and then reset... however, changing it on the main panel locked the change in. Have you tried that yet?

SA Pentair User
@MyAZPool - as others have said, thanks for this great thread. I have been following it for sometime and joined TroubleFreePool because of it.

I have had my Intellicenter installed at my Beach House for just over a year and had many hassles but love the potential (much more potential than IntelliTouch and ScreenLogic2 which I have at my home although not as stable). I have been running on 1.036 for 6 or 7 months (Beta - I think) and will update to 1.040 when I go down to my BeachHouse in a week’s time.
Thank you! Glad you "joined up". It you are finding TFP useful, please take a moment to consider supporting "the cause" (Support TFP).

Yes, definitely get updated to the last publicly released version when you can: IntelliCenter Firmware Version 1.040 Download Link (Update_06242019_V1.040.pfw), it may provide a positive outcome for some of your issues. BTW, if that is your house/pool. Very nice!

Three remaining problems that I have had and would appreciate any input on are:

1. I have 22 lights (spread over 19 light circuits - I.e. a little bit of doubling up) and control is flaky. If I manually change the colour for all lights to, say, blue, it will change around half of the lights to blue and leave the other half on the previous colour. The problem is that the app shows all the lights as having changed and I then need to manually, one by one, change them from blue to something else and back to blue (and wait half a minute or so between changes). I will get everything right but it takes 10 minutes... so I pretty much stick to one colour (Blue). Colour swim is hugely impressive but changing to a single colour afterwards is a massive hassle (as outlined above).
I agree that colors and light shows with multiple lighting and lighted features can be a little quirky. Only because much of this advanced capability has not been fully vetted and subsequent fixes incorporated in the firmware versions. This is where it will take calling tech support and telling them the issues, so the software engineers can work on it and get you a beta that will hopefully solve the issue(s).

2. Integration to Control4 (home automation) is very poor and I’d love to see the driver improved to allow some basic functionality like turning on and off vacation mode (my favorite feature of the Intellicenter).
Agree. However there may be hope. Have you seen this thread? IntelliCenter Home Automation Integration and Control
Also, there are some members here that have some experience with combining IntelliCenter and Home Automation and I'm sure they will be happy to weigh-in and assist. Here are just a few and just in case they don't happen to see this post soon, calling @mrweber @mcqwerty @guinness @kyleaa @jonpcar @Katodude. These members are way more smarter than me when it comes to things like home automation and integrating it with the IntelliCenter.

3. The chlorine level on my Intellichem always shows as full and never reduces (unlike the acid level which goes down as it should). I guess this is an Intellichem question (as the same behavior is apparent on the Intellichem controller, so this is not an Intellicenter issue per se).
Yea, and I have little knowledge and zero experience with the IntelliChem. Again, I recommend a call to tech support here (Pentair Customer Service and Technical Support Contact Information) or possibly one of our other members could offer up some assistance on that one.

Not sure how easy it is for you to contact tech support from your location but shouldn't be too bad (assume that you might have to get up in the middle of the night though) :p.

Please let us know how you progress on the above issues. Also, check out this new TFP thread: IntelliCenter Quick Reference / Information Guide. Hopefully you can find a nugget of information there that you might find useful.
Take care and all the best..
r.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my temperature resetting each morning. Changing it in the app or on the website worked for the day and then reset... however, changing it on the main panel locked the change in. Have you tried that yet?
SA Pentair User
First, are we talking about sensor calibration on the SETTINGS > GENERAL SETTINGS page. If so, then the answer is a big fat YESSSSSSS. Tech Support is aware and has been for a while. I think the software engineers are currrently on a hiatus or just have "bigger fish to fry" (the latter being the most likely).

They haven't even fixed the Web-Client SCHEDULE page issue in over two weeks (ever since they last updated it) :mad: . Keep letting tech support know. Maybe the amount of "trouble tickets" that are submitted to the software folks are getting reported upwards and possibly some corrective action can be taken. Who knows....
r.
p.s. Calling TS again right now. :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.