Pentair IntelliCenter Review and Information

NewPoolLuke
Yes, I'm pretty sure that you could do that but it would depend on what what you are running on a "cleaner" circuit. If it's a suction-side cleaner and is controlled by a valve actuator, what I do is just go into that circuit group either at the panel or my iPhone and just "tap" that "cleaner" circuit that controls that valve actuator and turn it off. When I'm done swimming and if that particular schedule is still running, I just do the reverse and it actuates that valve back to cleaner.

As far as conflictions, I do know that whatever circuit group has the highest set pump speed or flow, the IntelliCenter will default to that higher speed or flow.

As far far as valve actuator settings and heater control, IntelliCenter will default to the last command it received. If the conflicting circuit group is turned off either manually or by schedule, IntelliCenter will revert back to the original circuit group that is still running.

That is very weird that you are running V1.040 b2 and you do not see the "Circuit State" within the CIRCUIT GROUPS. Please check again. Open your browser/Web-Client. Navigate to SETTINGS > SYSTEM CONFIGURATION > CIRCUITS > CIRCUIT GROUPS and open a CIRCUIT GROUP (macro). If you don't see "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons to the right of each Circuit within the CIRCUIT GROUP, then can you please tell me what firmware version that you are running at the panel? If you're not sure how to navigate to that page on the touchscreen, let me know and I'll get you there.

Please let me know.
Thanks...
r..
My firmware version and the release notes on the panel say v1.023. When I attempt to update it, it claims I have the latest version. In the system information screen the "Firmware Version" line says something kind of odd: "11:06:17". Panel manufacture date was Jan 18th, 2019 and the serial number is oddly all zeros. OS release is currently 3.14.79-ts-armv7l-j4, version #1 9/7/19.

Here's my web interface and version.

1568676329566.png

1568676303645.png

That's the view both before and after I add and save the circuit to the group, refresh the page, etc. and no matter which circuit I choose.

My firmware version and the release notes on the panel say v1.023. When I attempt to update it, it claims I have the latest version. In the system information screen the "Firmware Version" line says something kind of odd: "11:06:17". Panel manufacture date was Jan 18th, 2019 and the serial number is oddly all zeros. OS release is currently 3.14.79-ts-armv7l-j4, version #1 9/7/19.

Here's my web interface and version.

View attachment 118735

View attachment 118734

That's the view both before and after I add and save the circuit to the group, refresh the page, etc. and no matter which circuit I choose.
Hi NewPoolLuke
So I got it figured out for you.
It's all in the firmware version that you are running. I was running beta version 1.041. So I reverted back to v1.023. When I did that, I had all of the same numbers that you had (Firmware Version" line "11:06:17". Panel manufacture date:Jan 18th, 2019 and serial number all zeros. OS release: 3.14.79-ts-armv7l-j4, version #1 9/7/19).

Then I came back inside and logged into the Web-Client and the "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons were gone. Then I uploaded beta version 1.041 again, and checked the Web-Client and the "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons had re-appeared.

Bottom line is that those additional buttons/features will not be available when a user is not running the latest beta versions apparently.

Call Pentair Tech Support and ask them to send you a link in order to download the latest Beta version (should be 1.041) so you can take advantage of the "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons. You will need a thumb drive to download it from your desktop/laptop and then take the thumb drive out to the panel and upload the latest firmware version. That should do the trick for you.

I cannot explain why Pentair has not converted earlier beta versions (v1.024 through v1.041) to gamma and then to final publicly released versions as of yet. Most of these versions are "quick" fixes for issues that user's have called in about. I originally started out with v1.019 in December of last year and immediately had a couple of issues and so when I called in, the engineers and software folks had issued beta v1.018 to me within a couple of days. Eventually v1.023 was publicly released I think in February.

Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best.
r.

Last edited:
Hi NewPoolLuke
So I got it figured out for you.
It's all in the firmware version that you are running. I was running beta version 1.041. So I reverted back to v1.023. When I did that, I had all of the same numbers that you had (Firmware Version" line "11:06:17". Panel manufacture date:Jan 18th, 2019 and serial number all zeros. OS release: 3.14.79-ts-armv7l-j4, version #1 9/7/19).

Then I came back inside and logged into the Web-Client and the "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons were gone. Then I uploaded beta version 1.041 again, and checked the Web-Client and the "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons had re-appeared.

Bottom line is that those additional buttons/features will not be available when a user is not running the latest beta versions apparently.

Call Pentair Tech Support and ask them to send you a link in order to download the latest Beta version (should be 1.041) so you can take advantage of the "Circuit State"/ ON/OFF/IGNORE buttons. You will need a thumb drive to download it from your desktop/laptop and then take the thumb drive out to the panel and upload the latest firmware version. That should do the trick for you.

I cannot explain why Pentair has not converted earlier beta versions (v1.024 through v1.041) to gamma and then to final publicly released versions as of yet. Most of these versions are "quick" fixes for issues that user's have called in about. I originally started out with v1.019 in December of last year and immediately had a couple of issues and so when I called in, the engineers and software folks had issued beta v1.018 to me within a couple of days. Eventually v1.023 was publicly released I think in February.

Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best.
r.
That makes perfect sense! I'll give them a call and see about getting the beta link, thanks for the sleuthing to figure it out.

Reactions: MyAZPool
I recently had an opportunity to obtain an i10PS daughter card and five additional relays and so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and just upgraded my system this morning.
Installing the new daughter card and relays were super easy. The following are the steps that I followed in order to accomplish the task.

1. De-energize the IntelliCenter Load Center feed circuit at the main house circuit breaker panel and remove the "Dead Front" on the Load Center.

2. Install the additional relays in the lower relay rack. These are the sub steps that I found to be the easiest.
a) Start from left to right.​
b) Place the left relay retaining screw in a 1/4 nut driver.​
c) Then wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the head of the screw and the driver so the screw remains in the driver when you turn it horizontally in order to screw it in to the hole.​
d) Once the retaining screw is about 3/4 of the way in, remove the nut driver from the head of the screw.​
e) Slide the relay in from right to left and then slightly tighten the left retaining screw.​
f) Use the same method as in (c) above and screw in the right screw and then align the relay and then fully tighten both screws.​
g) Work from left to right until all relays are installed using the method as outlined above.​
3. As far as the daughter card, these are the steps that I followed. Remember, you are working with "Static Sensitive" circuit cards, so it is advised that you take all the necessary precautions to preclude any possibility of static damage to these circuit cards.
a) Remove and set aside the two Valve Expansion Module retaining screws (if applicable).​
b) Slide out the Valve Expansion Module and just place out of the way. NOTE: I did not remove any of the valve actuator connectors from the Valve Expansion Module.​
c) Remove any existing relay or RETURN and INTAKE valve actuator connectors from the existing daughter card. NOTE: Keep track of which connectors go to which receptacles. This was not applicable in my case because I do not use the RETURN and INTAKE valve actuator connectors for my system and since I had an i5PS, I had no other relay receptacles on the original daughter card.​
d) Remove and set aside the two daughter card retaining screws. Slide out the original daughter card and place aside.​
e) Slide in the new daughter card and replace the retaining screws..​
f) Replace the original relay connectors​
g) Feed the new relay connectors/wires up through the four existing feed holes one relay at a time and connect the connectors into the applicable receptacle. NOTE: Take care as to not damage the connectors.​
h) Slide in the valve expansion module and replace the retaining screws.​
4. Replace the "dead front" on the Load Center and re-energize the IntelliCenter Load Center at the house main circuit breaker panel.​
5. The IntelliCenter will re-boot and will immediately recognize the new daughter card and will show the additional AUX relays at the touchscreen/Web-Client/Mobile App.​
Here are a couple of photos.​
IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG
2019-10-10_12-08-45.jpg
If you are considering upgrading the IntelliCenter to accommodate additional relays and if you have any questions, let me know and I will be happy to see if I can assist.​
r.​

Last edited:
Reactions: mcqwerty
What are you going to connect to all those relays?

What are you going to connect to all those relays?
I have a few ideas. One of them being a receptacle that will provide power to a future robot. Then I can use the scheduling features of the IntelliCenter to control the robot. Maybe some new lighting and who knows what will present itself in the future. :)

Are there robots who will begin operation as soon as power is connected without pressing any of its control buttons?

Are there robots who will begin operation as soon as power is connected without pressing any of its control buttons?
Sure. Some of the Dolphins have a feature called "Automation Mode" (see this). There may be others (robots) that have this feature but not sure right now.
I'll investigate further, once I'm ready to retire my old friend "Rita" (my trusty Hayward Aquanaut).
r.

Last edited:
Yes my Aquabot has this feature as well. It's referred to as "external timer compatible".

MyAZ, you do nice work; something I can really appreciate.
SPenfold
Thanks and thanks. Just goes to show you that even a blind squirrel really can find an acorn every now and then. :p
Take care...
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My first post after years of lurking! I’m sure this is the first of many on the IntelliCenter.

Finally made the jump from iAquaLink to IntelliCenter. Main load center with i10D kit and valve expansion module + 2 expansion load centers with i10X kits. Went "live" 10/29. Sort of…

Since it will probably be a lengthy post, I think I'll start another thread with the details of everything that has happened, but I wanted to quickly ask if anyone has had issues any issues with expansion panels. Most of the issues I've had (not related to the many IntelliCenter shortcomings and quirks) have been related to the expansion panels. There seems to be a communications issue that delays or drops the commands to them.

On another note, I just got the IntelliCenter iOS update and see several improvements, including automatically connecting to a local or remote system when the app opens. That was really driving me nuts and I'm interested to see if it actually works!

On another note, I just got the IntelliCenter iOS update and see several improvements, including automatically connecting to a local or remote system when the app opens. That was really driving me nuts and I'm interested to see if it actually works!

Requested this from support over a year ago for the ScreenLogic App and they haven’t pushed any updates since then. Frustrating to see development just cease on a product that is still used by the majority of their customers ☹️

My first post after years of lurking! I’m sure this is the first of many on the IntelliCenter.

Finally made the jump from iAquaLink to IntelliCenter. Main load center with i10D kit and valve expansion module + 2 expansion load centers with i10X kits. Went "live" 10/29. Sort of…

Since it will probably be a lengthy post, I think I'll start another thread with the details of everything that has happened, but I wanted to quickly ask if anyone has had issues any issues with expansion panels. Most of the issues I've had (not related to the many IntelliCenter shortcomings and quirks) have been related to the expansion panels. There seems to be a communications issue that delays or drops the commands to them.

Hi Matt,
Initially, there was a ton of issues regarding the i10D/X/Expansion panels. These were experienced by another member. I am going to send you some additional information over on the PM side since that information has not yet been publicly released by Pentair as of yet (which by the way, I must admit is puzzling me to no end. I have attempted to contact the product manager regarding this issue but have not received a response as of yet). Anyway, that info should help you out quite a bit I would think.
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to see if I can assist.
r.

IntelliCenter Users

With regards to the above post, be on the lookout for a publicly released firmware version upgrade - 1.042. This update will contain all of the previous beta releases from v1.024 through v1.042. The reason apparently for not releasing more publicly released versions until now, is that "Pentair was moving through the various beta versions too fast and wanted to insure that most of the minor bug fixes were addressed first". Apparently that has happened now and Pentair will be sending out a publicly released OTA update push in the near future.

I have captured all of the release notes between 1.024 through 1.042. I will publish those for your info once the upgrade is pushed.
r.

IntelliCenter Users

With regards to the above post, be on the lookout for a publicly released firmware version upgrade - 1.042. This update will contain all of the previous beta releases from v1.024 through v1.042. The reason apparently for not releasing more publicly released versions until now, is that "Pentair was moving through the various beta versions too fast and wanted to insure that most of the minor bug fixes were addressed first". Apparently that has happened now and Pentair will be sending out a publicly released OTA update push in the near future.
r.
Fantastic! Thanks for all you do on behalf of Intellicenter users.

Chris

IntelliCenter Users

I have captured all of the release notes between 1.024 through 1.042. I will publish those for your info once the upgrade is pushed.
r.

Yes, seriously, thank you!!

Pentair IntelliCenter System and Web-Client Update Information

Good morning all.
I noticed this morning, the thread (It's Here! Intellicenter Update V 1.04 ) that was posted by @setsailsoon last evening. Good catch and thanks for the heads-up Chris.

I did some digging regarding the information on the thread and this is what I have ascertained from Pentair as of now.

1. Yes, Pentair is currently in the process of "pushing" the "Over-the-Air" (OTA) update version 1.040 to all IntelliCenter users. I will list the release notes regarding this newest publicly released update below. v1.040 replaces the older publicly released OTA of v1.023.

2. Not all users will receive the OTA all at the same time. I learned this morning that updates to all users do not occur simultaneously. Users are randomly selected by the servers to receive the OTA. I'm told that this process can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to complete in it's entirety. I'm also told that this process is administered this way for two reasons. a) So if there is a bug in the update, all users are not effected simultaneously and they can stop the process until a fix can be implemented and b) pushing all OTA's to users simultaneously will apparently "crash" the servers.

3. There are still two beta versions (v1.041 and v1.042) that are not included in the OTA v1.040 that is being publicly released. These can still be had upon request to Pentair if you are having any problems after receiving the new OTA. I will post those release notes below as well so you can determine if you actually need them.

4. According to Pentair, OTA v1.040 DOES NOT include the ability to control IntelliValve actuators via the RS-485 bus yet. They are currently working on this feature and they have no release date yet for that feature. The reason I learned is that they have placed this feature lower on the software engineering priority list due to working on more pressing issues that relate to "IntelliCenter Wireless Remotes".

5. There is a new update to the IntelliCenter Web-Client as well. The new version is v1.043 b7 dated January 6, 2020. The only change that I can see is the following: This latest Web Client version added a pulldown on the Home page that displays the user's current schedules that have been setup and illustrates the schedule running at the time. This is very similar to what Pentair did on the Web-Client update v1.042, when they added the Pumps page information on the Home Page. The following illustrates this new change.

2020-01-31_12-41-26.jpg

NOTE: Please note however, that I seemed to have discovered a glitch with this latest Web-Client Version.
While navigating around looking for changes, I discovered that when I navigate to SETTINGS > SCHEDULES and try to expand an existing schedule, the expanded schedule screen will NOT stay open now. Anyone else experiencing that? I tried three different web browsers, all with the same result.

6. Here are the release notes for IntelliCenter System firmware updates as of this writing.

Version 1.024
  • Over the Air (OTA) Firmware Updates Feature.
  • Fixed a bug where heater cooldown delay was not honored introduced when a Freeze Circuit bug was fixed.
  • Hybrid Heater help text was updated.
  • Removed turning on EHTR Relay when Hybrid Heater turns on.
  • Fixed issue where firmware upgrade failed if it was contained in a USB directory name containing spaces.
  • Removed the Disabled property on Body Selection on IntelliChem for Shared Equipment Configuration.
  • Changing One Time Only Schedule from selected date did not stop schedule. Fixed this.
  • Assigning Valve A to Solar from picklist disables the selection button. Fixed this when Solar Heater not assigned to any body.

Version 1.025
  • XCP Relay Circuits No Longer Available on XCP.
  • Change Body and Expansion Panel Labels from 0 Based to 1 Based Indexing.
  • Add Hybrid Mode in Parenthesis Next to Hybrid in Select Heat Source for Pool/Spa Menu.
  • A Second IChem can be assigned to the same Body in Dual Body Equipment configuration.
  • Pool/Spa config Screen – Cannot change gallon size from mobile/Web Interface.
  • Launch OTA popup install window over any other screens when the transfer is done.
  • SPI Card Detection issue. H/W detection improvement and stability.
  • Changing Heat Set Point manually on Pool/Spa Screen while schedule running permanently changes schedules Heat Set Point.
  • Firmware Update via USB fails to update upon Version Mismatch Detection on the Sub Panels.
  • Manual Heat Mode change temporarily overriding Schedule Heat Mode becomes permanent on Reboot or Firmware Upgrade.

Version 1.026
  • Non-Gas Heaters remain on for Gas Heater Cooldown Delay.
  • AUX Circuit configured to Chem Relay auto reconfigures Body from Pool/Spa to Pool upon reboot (or upgrade which does reboot).
  • Light Group does not turn off when all the component circuits are turned off.
  • Changed OTA file format.
  • Change in the way version numbers are stored for OTA.
  • 485/485uic changed name of OTA_UPDATE-INFO_FILE and Update_XXX file.
  • Fixed ussues related to Recovery of Wireless Control Panel.

Version 1.027
  • Updated version number only to test OTA.

Version 1.028 - NA

Version 1.029

Version 1.030
  • Light Group doesn’t turn off when all component light circuits are turned off. This was a problem for Circuit Groups too.
  • Fix for loading second ICP (enable) config when OCP reboots.
  • Spa Gas Heating Set Point are limited by rules governing heaters with Cooling Enabled.
  • Changed Expansion Panel “Panel Assignment” button text to “Enable/Disable”.
  • Reimplemented “Select OTA Server” Screen. Changed the images of OTA TX and Download.
  • Updated Help File for AUX Circuits Body Selection for Circuit Function Chem Relay.
  • Changed Freeze Protect Activation temperature in help file from 33F to 36F.
  • Updated SunSet and SunRise upon day change.
  • Added Cancel Button to Force OTA Window.
  • ICP/XCP/WCP changing Date & Time Mode to Internet does not retrieve the Date/Time.
  • Daylight Savings Time transition moves clock 1 extra hour ahead randomly.
  • Changed indoor Panel Enable buttons to Radio buttons. Created rotating Log Files.
  • Fix for Service Mode: Timeout Timer counting down in 2 second intervals instead of 1 second.
  • Fixed Create a New Web account password format and notify user if invalid.
  • Add Export Debug Log Button and Screen for exporting Debug Logs to USB from Sub-Panels.
  • 485 Updates:
  • OTA: Don’t ReTransmit the whole package when VERIFY fails in one of the SubPanels.
  • OTA: Added logging at critical points.
  • 485uic Updates:
  • OTA: Remove the Package if already exists before the next transfer happens for the same version.
  • OTA: Reset Progress Percent on Initialization.
  • OTA: Refresh the Address of SubPanel when they are changed on the fly in IC.
  • OTA: Added Logs (BlockNumber) for Oad Missing Packets.

Version 1.031
  • Fake Version for OTA Testing.

Version 1.032
  • Unofficial Build for Testing.

Version 1.033

Version 1.034
  • Fixed misspelled circuit name: “Lanscape Light”
  • Fixed problem where changing Body Type from default Pool to Spa and Spa to Pool NOT reflected in icons on Main Screen for Shared Equipment configuration.
  • Changed WCP Enable Panel Button to a 2-way toggle button On/Off.
  • Changed Sync, Set and Swim button location.
  • Fixed crash when scrolling through Select AUX Cicuits menu from Schedules.
  • iS4 Remote Port NOT detected on i10P Card.
  • Cannot change the color of a light on AUX6-AUX10 on i10x Daughter Card.
  • Internet Time still takes into account of Daylight Savings option from Manual Mode.
  • Corrected notifications screen display issue.
  • Make Version check greater than current before OTA/Auto download starts.
  • 485/485uic: Included BlockId in the OTA Data Packet.
  • 485: Fix UserCommand (YES/NO) UPDATE_ACK retry.
  • 485:uic: Report All the 256 packets as missing when the PacketStore is Empty.

Version 1.035

Version 1.036
  • Force OTA when user presses “Check for Update” and operator accepts.
  • Spa Side displays uncalibrated water temperature.
  • Changed Light Group Sync/Set/Swim button locations.
  • Schedule Manually Stopped does not resume after 24 hours.
  • Chemistry Readings Badge still visible with bad data when No Chem devices are configured.
  • Fix spelling error: “Ultra Temp” to “UltraTemp”.
  • Fix word spacing on “New Update Available” dialog.
  • Lights: Swim/Set/Sync do not function properly on i10x Daughter Card.
  • Spa Heating Set Points are incorrectly limited by rules governing Heaters with Cooling Enabled.
  • Fix crash when scrolling Circuit Screen from remotes.
  • Icweb: Added missing Special Circuits and removed some that were not applicable.
  • Icweb: Fixed missing IntelliFlo Speed/Flow Circuits.
  • Wizard: List Pool & Spa first in circuit list.
Version 1.037
Version 1.038
Version 1.039
Version 1.040 - Publicly released OTA

NOTE: THERE IS NO INDICATION OF VERSION v1.041

BETA Version 1.042

• Do not turn on 2SPD Relay During Freeze Protect.
  • Sync Log Enable/Disable across all panel.
  • Support: Remove Email Address and change web site URL.
  • Wrong Error message upon Web Login Failure.
  • Web Email Validation fix.
  • SPACMD Heater Set Temperature override disallows manual heat setpoint changes.
  • OTA: Remaining subpanels are rebooting several times when OCP stuck on subpanel due to timeout.
  • Save circuit Configuration (On/Off/Ignore) only when Return button hit.
  • Circuits may Randomly Turn On after being Toggled On and then Off.
  • Heater Creation fails intermittently following delete operation.
  • Heat Source and Set Point Changes Not Displayed Correctly on other Panels.
  • On/Off/Ignore Circuit Group Configuration edit control.
  • 485Process: Support for Log Start/Stop Synching
  • 485Process: Suppport for OTA: Remaining subpanels are rebooting.
  • 485uic: Install Posix Handler earlier to prevent 485 crash on startup.
  • 485uic: Support for Log Start/Stop Synching
  • Wizard: Fix scrolling issue on scheduled, chemistry, Aux Circuits, Heaters and Pumps.
  • Wizard: Current pump address not saved.
  • Wizard: Creating hyprid after gas and ultratemp causes heater list corruption.
  • Fixed Light Group Window crashes upon selecting group edit button.
  • Fixed IntelliChem ORP/pH Set Point Adjust buttons on other panels.
  • Fixed IntelliChem Tank Level Adjust buttons on other panels.
  • Custom pool/spa body names do not appear on home screen.
  • Added button to clear out saved config files on local file system.
  • Last Pool Temp should not include custom body name.
  • Pool/Spa window formatting issue with long body name.
  • Schedule screen scrolling issue fixed.
  • Latitude/Longitude changes
  • Schedule list on subpanels do not update when changes made on another panel
  • On/Off/Ignore Feature created.
  • Updated Group Circuit Configuration window.
  • Changes Shared Memory configuration for MAPSET_group_circuits.
  • Pool cover settings window issue with long body names.
  • Zip code and Latitude/Longitude and default values fixed from earlier change.
  • Change for multiple XCP panels for icweb and WebApp.
  • Fixed Overlay Text Blinking Issue due to earlier development.
  • Clear user password after successful entry.
  • Subpanels did not display timeout Mode (Service Mode).
  • XCP firmware update failure timeout and error message added.
  • Add logs to track Circuit, Schedule and Relay Status.
  • Added Log function start/stop interface.
  • 485/485uic: Support for Multiple Expansion Panels in OTA.
  • Icweb: Support for On/Off/Ignore feature.
  • Icweb: Provide interface for Start/Stop Logging in IC and 485.
  • Wizard: Fixed Duplicate Pump Names upon Creation issue.
  • Wizard: Fixed Unable to set a schedule to run at midnight.
  • Wizard: Heater Creation Rules Do Not Follow ic.
  • Wizard: Time Zone Translation constant fixed from earlier.
  • Wizard: Restore Current Groups Configuration (from IC) when the wizared is saved. Needed to support On/Off/Ignore feature in ic.
  • Wizard: Fixed heater creation can press next without selecting heater type.
  • Wizard: Fixed pump naming not consistent with multiple pumps of same type.
  • Wizard: Support Circuit Groups implemented.
  • Wizard: Support Groups in Schedule Circuit Selection.
That's about all I have for now.
r.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: cr0ntab
Pentair IntelliCenter System and Web-Client Update Information

Good morning all.
I noticed this morning, the thread (It's Here! Intellicenter Update V 1.04 ) that was posted by @setsailsoon last evening. Good catch and thanks for the heads-up Chris.

I did some digging regarding the information on the thread and this is what I have ascertained from Pentair as of now.

1. Yes, Pentair is currently in the process of "pushing" the "Over-the-Air" (OTA) update version 1.040 to all IntelliCenter users. I will list the release notes regarding this newest publicly released update below. v1.040 replaces the older publicly released OTA of v1.023.

2. Not all users will receive the OTA all at the same time. I learned this morning that updates to all users do not occur simultaneously. Users are randomly selected by the servers to receive the OTA. I'm told that this process can take up to 3 to 4 weeks to complete in it's entirety. I'm told that this process is administered this way for two reasons. a) So if there is a bug in the update, all users are not effected simultaneously and they can stop the process until a fix can be done and b) pushing all OTA's to users simultanously will apparently "crash" the servers.

3. There are still two beta versions (v1.041 and v1.042) that are not included in the OTA v1.040 that is being publicly released. These can still be had upon request to Pentair if you are having any problems after receiving the new OTA. I will post those release notes below as well so you can determine if you actually need them.

4. According to Pentair, OTA v1.040 DOES NOT include the ability to control IntelliValve actuators via the RS-485 bus yet. They are currently working on this feature and they have no release date yet for that feature. The reason I learned is that they have placed this feature lower on the software engineering priority list due to working on more pressing issues that relate to "IntelliCenter Wireless Remotes".

5. There is a new update to the IntelliCenter Web-Client as well. The new version is v1.043 b7 dated January 6, 2020. The only change that I can see is the following: This latest Web Client version added a pulldown on the Home page that displays the user's current schedules that have been setup and illustrates the schedule running at the time. This is very similar to what Pentair did on the v1.042 when they added the Pumps page information on the Home Page. The following illustrates this new change.

View attachment 126096

NOTE: Please note however, that I seemed to have discovered a glitch with this latest Web-Client Version.
While navigating around looking for changes, I discovered that when I navigate to SETTINGS > SCHEDULES and try to expand an existing schedule, the expanded schedule screen will NOT stay open. Anyone else experiencing that? I tried three different web browsers, all with the same result.

6. Here are the release notes for IntelliCenter System firmware updates as of this writing.

Version 1.024
  • Over the Air (OTA) Firmware Updates Feature.
  • Fixed a bug where heater cooldown delay was not honored introduced when a Freeze Circuit bug was fixed.
  • Hybrid Heater help text was updated.
  • Removed turning on EHTR Relay when Hybrid Heater turns on.
  • Fixed issue where firmware upgrade failed if it was contained in a USB directory name containing spaces.
  • Removed the Disabled property on Body Selection on IntelliChem for Shared Equipment Configuration.
  • Changing One Time Only Schedule from selected date did not stop schedule. Fixed this.
  • Assigning Valve A to Solar from picklist disables the selection button. Fixed this when Solar Heater not assigned to any body.

Version 1.025
  • XCP Relay Circuits No Longer Available on XCP.
  • Change Body and Expansion Panel Labels from 0 Based to 1 Based Indexing.
  • Add Hybrid Mode in Parenthesis Next to Hybrid in Select Heat Source for Pool/Spa Menu.
  • A Second IChem can be assigned to the same Body in Dual Body Equipment configuration.
  • Pool/Spa config Screen – Cannot change gallon size from mobile/Web Interface.
  • Launch OTA popup install window over any other screens when the transfer is done.
  • SPI Card Detection issue. H/W detection improvement and stability.
  • Changing Heat Set Point manually on Pool/Spa Screen while schedule running permanently changes schedules Heat Set Point.
  • Firmware Update via USB fails to update upon Version Mismatch Detection on the Sub Panels.
  • Manual Heat Mode change temporarily overriding Schedule Heat Mode becomes permanent on Reboot or Firmware Upgrade.

Version 1.026
  • Non-Gas Heaters remain on for Gas Heater Cooldown Delay.
  • AUX Circuit configured to Chem Relay auto reconfigures Body from Pool/Spa to Pool upon reboot (or upgrade which does reboot).
  • Light Group does not turn off when all the component circuits are turned off.
  • Changed OTA file format.
  • Change in the way version numbers are stored for OTA.
  • 485/485uic changed name of OTA_UPDATE-INFO_FILE and Update_XXX file.
  • Fixed ussues related to Recovery of Wireless Control Panel.

Version 1.027

Version 1.028 - NA

Version 1.029

Version 1.030
  • Light Group doesn’t turn off when all component light circuits are turned off. This was a problem for Circuit Groups too.
  • Fix for loading second ICP (enable) config when OCP reboots.
  • Spa Gas Heating Set Point are limited by rules governing heaters with Cooling Enabled.
  • Changed Expansion Panel “Panel Assignment” button text to “Enable/Disable”.
  • Reimplemented “Select OTA Server” Screen. Changed the images of OTA TX and Download.
  • Updated Help File for AUX Circuits Body Selection for Circuit Function Chem Relay.
  • Changed Freeze Protect Activation temperature in help file from 33F to 36F.
  • Updated SunSet and SunRise upon day change.
  • Added Cancel Button to Force OTA Window.
  • ICP/XCP/WCP changing Date & Time Mode to Internet does not retrieve the Date/Time.
  • Daylight Savings Time transition moves clock 1 extra hour ahead randomly.
  • Changed indoor Panel Enable buttons to Radio buttons. Created rotating Log Files.
  • Fix for Service Mode: Timeout Timer counting down in 2 second intervals instead of 1 second.
  • Fixed Create a New Web account password format and notify user if invalid.
  • Add Export Debug Log Button and Screen for exporting Debug Logs to USB from Sub-Panels.
  • 485 Updates:
  • OTA: Don’t ReTransmit the whole package when VERIFY fails in one of the SubPanels.
  • OTA: Added logging at critical points.
  • 485uic Updates:
  • OTA: Remove the Package if already exists before the next transfer happens for the same version.
  • OTA: Reset Progress Percent on Initialization.
  • OTA: Refresh the Address of SubPanel when they are changed on the fly in IC.
  • OTA: Added Logs (BlockNumber) for Oad Missing Packets.

Version 1.031

Version 1.032

Version 1.033

Version 1.034
  • Fixed misspelled circuit name: “Lanscape Light”
  • Fixed problem where changing Body Type from default Pool to Spa and Spa to Pool NOT reflected in icons on Main Screen for Shared Equipment configuration.
  • Changed WCP Enable Panel Button to a 2-way toggle button On/Off.
  • Changed Sync, Set and Swim button location.
  • Fixed crash when scrolling through Select AUX Cicuits menu from Schedules.
  • iS4 Remote Port NOT detected on i10P Card.
  • Cannot change the color of a light on AUX6-AUX10 on i10x Daughter Card.
  • Internet Time still takes into account of Daylight Savings option from Manual Mode.
  • Corrected notifications screen display issue.
  • Make Version check greater than current before OTA/Auto download starts.
  • 485/485uic: Included BlockId in the OTA Data Packet.
  • 485: Fix UserCommand (YES/NO) UPDATE_ACK retry.
  • 485:uic: Report All the 256 packets as missing when the PacketStore is Empty.

Version 1.035

Version 1.036
  • Force OTA when user presses “Check for Update” and operator accepts.
  • Spa Side displays uncalibrated water temperature.
  • Changed Light Group Sync/Set/Swim button locations.
  • Schedule Manually Stopped does not resume after 24 hours.
  • Chemistry Readings Badge still visible with bad data when No Chem devices are configured.
  • Fix spelling error: “Ultra Temp” to “UltraTemp”.
  • Fix word spacing on “New Update Available” dialog.
  • Lights: Swim/Set/Sync do not function properly on i10x Daughter Card.
  • Spa Heating Set Points are incorrectly limited by rules governing Heaters with Cooling Enabled.
  • Fix crash when scrolling Circuit Screen from remotes.
  • Icweb: Added missing Special Circuits and removed some that were not applicable.
  • Icweb: Fixed missing IntelliFlo Speed/Flow Circuits.
  • Wizard: List Pool & Spa first in circuit list.
Version 1.037
Version 1.038
Version 1.039
Version 1.040 - Publicly released OTA

NOTE: THERE IS NO INDICATION OF VERSION v1.041

BETA Version 1.042

• Do not turn on 2SPD Relay During Freeze Protect.
  • Sync Log Enable/Disable across all panel.
  • Support: Remove Email Address and change web site URL.
  • Wrong Error message upon Web Login Failure.
  • Web Email Validation fix.
  • SPACMD Heater Set Temperature override disallows manual heat setpoint changes.
  • OTA: Remaining subpanels are rebooting several times when OCP stuck on subpanel due to timeout.
  • Save circuit Configuration (On/Off/Ignore) only when Return button hit.
  • Circuits may Randomly Turn On after being Toggled On and then Off.
  • Heater Creation fails intermittently following delete operation.
  • Heat Source and Set Point Changes Not Displayed Correctly on other Panels.
  • On/Off/Ignore Circuit Group Configuration edit control.
  • 485Process: Support for Log Start/Stop Synching
  • 485Process: Suppport for OTA: Remaining subpanels are rebooting.
  • 485uic: Install Posix Handler earlier to prevent 485 crash on startup.
  • 485uic: Support for Log Start/Stop Synching
  • Wizard: Fix scrolling issue on scheduled, chemistry, Aux Circuits, Heaters and Pumps.
  • Wizard: Current pump address not saved.
  • Wizard: Creating hyprid after gas and ultratemp causes heater list corruption.
  • Fixed Light Group Window crashes upon selecting group edit button.
  • Fixed IntelliChem ORP/pH Set Point Adjust buttons on other panels.
  • Fixed IntelliChem Tank Level Adjust buttons on other panels.
  • Custom pool/spa body names do not appear on home screen.
  • Added button to clear out saved config files on local file system.
  • Last Pool Temp should not include custom body name.
  • Pool/Spa window formatting issue with long body name.
  • Schedule screen scrolling issue fixed.
  • Latitude/Longitude changes
  • Schedule list on subpanels do not update when changes made on another panel
  • On/Off/Ignore Feature created.
  • Updated Group Circuit Configuration window.
  • Changes Shared Memory configuration for MAPSET_group_circuits.
  • Pool cover settings window issue with long body names.
  • Zip code and Latitude/Longitude and default values fixed from earlier change.
  • Change for multiple XCP panels for icweb and WebApp.
  • Fixed Overlay Text Blinking Issue due to earlier development.
  • Clear user password after successful entry.
  • Subpanels did not display timeout Mode (Service Mode).
  • XCP firmware update failure timeout and error message added.
  • Add logs to track Circuit, Schedule and Relay Status.
  • Added Log function start/stop interface.
  • 485/485uic: Support for Multiple Expansion Panels in OTA.
  • Icweb: Support for On/Off/Ignore feature.
  • Icweb: Provide interface for Start/Stop Logging in IC and 485.
  • Wizard: Fixed Duplicate Pump Names upon Creation issue.
  • Wizard: Fixed Unable to set a schedule to run at midnight.
  • Wizard: Heater Creation Rules Do Not Follow ic.
  • Wizard: Time Zone Translation constant fixed from earlier.
  • Wizard: Restore Current Groups Configuration (from IC) when the wizared is saved. Needed to support On/Off/Ignore feature in ic.
  • Wizard: Fixed heater creation can press next without selecting heater type.
  • Wizard: Fixed pump naming not consistent with multiple pumps of same type.
  • Wizard: Support Circuit Groups implemented.
  • Wizard: Support Groups in Schedule Circuit Selection.
That's about all I have for now.
r.
If you keep this up you're gonna land yourself a job at Pentair:oops:

If you keep this up you're gonna land yourself a job at Pentair:oops:
LOL........ :laughblue:
Hi Brian.. No way. Too busy just enjoying retirement now. And besides I wouldn't have any time then to possibly help out an IntelliCenter user here or there.
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.