Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control Dashboard Instructional Guide

Open a discussion or issue (either one will do) on the Github repo. We need to look at the logs to see what is failing to start on the njsPC side. We will have an easier time attaching images and responses over there to troubleshoot it.
That’s what I figured. I’ll get over there shortly. Thanks again.

Double check your ecosystem.config.js file and ensure njsPC is included in it.
Even if I manually start poolcontroller. It works for a minute and then automatically disconnects. I tried to figure out what to submit on GitHub and how to pull logs but couldn’t really figure it out.

I need to spend some more time on it, but, in the interim the pentair app is working fine.

I should have just left well enough alone :)

@rstrouse seems like my issue is only the fact neither pool controller nor dashboard is starting at reboot anymore (despite having rc.local setup properly). Works fine when I “npm start&” in each directory manually.

If you have any recommendations on troubleshooting that would be amazing.

Nah. It’s just what I used from the onset. I’ll need to delete rc.local and switch to PM2.

I’ll report back once I do it (won’t be home until weekend).

Posted this in the IC 2.006 FW thread also, but for anyone running NJSPC, I think 2.017 screwed something up. I haven't had much time to mess with it but I updated FW, and then I tried to adjust my SWCG and it wouldn't work. Had to adjust through the Intellicenter app.

Away from the house this weekend, but can open an issue on github next week.

-- Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Running into an issue where most things in the interface are not clickable. This seems possibly related to the power going out (rbpi stays on with UPS but intellicenter doesn't). I fixed this before by reloading config, but the hamburger on the top left isn't opening that box for me to do so. Restarting nodejs and dash panel do not fix the issue. How can I force it to reload config? Issue is persistent on all devices.

I've had this happen a few times now, but this is the first time I can't get to the config screen. It has been fantastic otherwise!

Running into an issue where most things in the interface are not clickable. This seems possibly related to the power going out (rbpi stays on with UPS but intellicenter doesn't). I fixed this before by reloading config, but the hamburger on the top left isn't opening that box for me to do so. Restarting nodejs and dash panel do not fix the issue. How can I force it to reload config? Issue is persistent on all devices.

I've had this happen a few times now, but this is the first time I can't get to the config screen. It has been fantastic otherwise!
Please pull the latest dashPanel. Recent chrome releases seem to have triggered off some of our CSS class names.

Pooltone lighting is supported by njsPC but you will need to control them with an external relay.
Could you please be more specific on what you mean by external relay for Florida sunseeker Intellibrite replacement inserts. Very appreciative of the explanation. I have mine wired exactly as the Intellibrites were. Aux 3 and Aux 4. I am thinking about using the controller to control them because pushing on off on off over again stinks plus it looks pretty good.

I'm stuck with njsPC not updating the configuration from intellicenter. It gets stuck at "Loading 20%." Restarting the process brings me back to a "ready" screen but it's not actually pulling the updated list of circuits and pump speeds. I first noticed it when I tried to change a pump speed setting on the main dashboard - all pump speeds immediately disappeared and turned into 600RPM. However, intellicenter does still have the correct speed settings. It seems that either caused the bug, or there was something else and that was just a symptom that it wasn't able to fully communicate configuration (everything else works).

Do you have a suggestion for how I could force reload config for now, and then if it seems to be a persistent bug that's reproducible, I'll make sure to report it on github?

I'm stuck with njsPC not updating the configuration from intellicenter. It gets stuck at "Loading 20%." Restarting the process brings me back to a "ready" screen but it's not actually pulling the updated list of circuits and pump speeds. I first noticed it when I tried to change a pump speed setting on the main dashboard - all pump speeds immediately disappeared and turned into 600RPM. However, intellicenter does still have the correct speed settings. It seems that either caused the bug, or there was something else and that was just a symptom that it wasn't able to fully communicate configuration (everything else works).

Do you have a suggestion for how I could force reload config for now, and then if it seems to be a persistent bug that's reproducible, I'll make sure to report it on github?
Which IC firmware version are you running?

Restarted rbpi itself and it self resolved. However, looks like I definitely can reproduce the breakdown by trying to edit a pump speed from the dashboard:

CropperCapture[25].jpgCropperCapture[26].jpg

EDIT: Firmware is 1.064

Restarted rbpi itself and it self resolved. However, looks like I definitely can reproduce the breakdown by trying to edit a pump speed from the dashboard:

View attachment 514946View attachment 514948

EDIT: Firmware is 1.064
I'll have a look. But if you could post a replay on the repo that would be great. It looks like it is trying to switch all the speeds to RPM when only the first one is RPM. In that instance the minimum speed is being applied because you cannot run the motor at 30rpm.

I'll have a look. But if you could post a replay on the repo that would be great. It looks like it is trying to switch all the speeds to RPM when only the first one is RPM. In that instance the minimum speed is being applied because you cannot run the motor at 30rpm.
Interesting - apologies for using it in a strange way that brings out stuff like that! I like having "Pool" in RPM so that I can keep the SWG lower than the lowest GPM (800 RPM gives me 20 GPM with flowvis but intellicenter has that at 1400) - but the rest I have as GPM (calibrated down with flowvis) so that it compensates for solar and heater resistance.

Interesting - apologies for using it in a strange way that brings out stuff like that! I like having "Pool" in RPM so that I can keep the SWG lower than the lowest GPM (800 RPM gives me 20 GPM with flowvis but intellicenter has that at 1400) - but the rest I have as GPM (calibrated down with flowvis) so that it compensates for solar and heater resistance.
No matter what you do the rpm range on the pump is 450-3450rpm and the flow rate is between 15-130gpm. njsPC should be able to handle this though. I need to have that replay to see where the reporting units are being reset.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support