Pentair IntelliCenter Pool Control Dashboard Instructional Guide

No worries and my apologies - I just wasn't paying attention. Looks like github is experiencing some issues so I'll get on it as soon as it's back up. Really appreciate the offer - where can I find the poolState.json and poolConfig.json files?

I've been having some issues with my setup so I decided to start with a fresh install. Now I see the quickstart guide is updated/changed, so I followed that but I am stuck on the pool controller installation. Here's what my terminal looks like after running the install commands:

git clone GitHub - tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController: An application to control pool equipment from various manufacturers.
cd ~/nodejs-poolController`
npm i
Cloning into 'nodejs-poolController'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 17225, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (625/625), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (269/269), done.
remote: Total 17225 (delta 379), reused 571 (delta 345), pack-reused 16600
Receiving objects: 100% (17225/17225), 8.98 MiB | 3.38 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (11678/11678), done.
>
The terminal is stuck at the carat and has not completed. I ran the installation for the dashboard and that successfully completed. What am I doing wrong?
git clone GitHub - rstrouse/nodejs-poolController-dashPanel: A dashboard panel for tagyoureit/nodejs-poolController
cd ~/nodejs-poolController-dashPanel
npm i
Cloning into 'nodejs-poolController-dashPanel'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 3562, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (572/572), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (241/241), done.
remote: Total 3562 (delta 348), reused 469 (delta 326), pack-reused 2990
Receiving objects: 100% (3562/3562), 4.59 MiB | 8.43 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (2654/2654), done.

added 170 packages, and audited 171 packages in 17s

9 packages are looking for funding
run `npm fund` for details

1 moderate severity vulnerability

To address all issues, run:
npm audit fix

Run `npm audit` for details.
npm notice
npm notice New minor version of npm available! 9.5.1 -> 9.6.6
npm notice Changelog: Release v9.6.6 · npm/cli
npm notice Run npm install -g [email protected] to update!
npm notice

I've been having some issues with my setup so I decided to start with a fresh install. Now I see the quickstart guide is updated/changed, so I followed that but I am stuck on the pool controller installation. Here's what my terminal looks like after running the install commands:

The terminal is stuck at the carat and has not completed. I ran the installation for the dashboard and that successfully completed. What am I doing wrong?
which Node version are you running?

I forced quit the process and just manually ran npm start in the ~/nodejs-poolController directory. That worked. Not sure why the copy and paste of all the commands didn't work, but got it working.

So... I went to update dash panel and pool controller. Dash panel updated just fine (needed "nom audit fix" due to 2 medium and 1 high vulnerability). Updating nodejs pool controller returned this error:

:~/nodejs-poolController $ npm i
npm ERR! code ENOTSUP
npm ERR! notsup Unsupported engine for [email protected]: wanted: {"npm":">=7.0.0","node":">=16.0.0"} (current: {"node":"12.22.12","npm":"6.14.16"})
npm ERR! notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: [email protected]
npm ERR! notsup Required: {"npm":">=7.0.0","node":">=16.0.0"}
npm ERR! notsup Actual: {"npm":"6.14.16","node":"12.22.12"}

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2023-05-26T20_48_00_293Z-debug.log

Any ideas?

So... I went to update dash panel and pool controller. Dash panel updated just fine (needed "nom audit fix" due to 2 medium and 1 high vulnerability). Updating nodejs pool controller returned this error:

:~/nodejs-poolController $ npm i
npm ERR! code ENOTSUP
npm ERR! notsup Unsupported engine for [email protected]: wanted: {"npm":">=7.0.0","node":">=16.0.0"} (current: {"node":"12.22.12","npm":"6.14.16"})
npm ERR! notsup Required: {"npm":">=7.0.0","node":">=16.0.0"}
npm ERR! notsup Actual: {"npm":"6.14.16","node":"12.22.12"}

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /home/pi/.npm/_logs/2023-05-26T20_48_00_293Z-debug.log

Any ideas?

You need to update your nodejs version. Also do not run npm audit fix on any node project. It is hard to tell which dependencies might fail.
Code:
nvm install 18
nvm alias default 18

Back up and running, but perhaps dash panel is not updating. I tried multiple times. Is 7.7.0 the latest?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 6.32.05 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 6.32.05 PM.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
To be honest, I dont know what or where those lines of code go. Would you mind explaining it to me like a child? Lol :)

Serves me right for messing with what works. Now it seems as though it is not getting info from the intellicenter. I get a blank dashboard (which seems to be stuck on 7.7.0).

Not to mention that my pi reports back with "nvm" command not found
No worries. It seems daunting but think of it as texting your raspberry pi. The first thing we will do is install nvm. It is by far the easiest way to manage node versions on the pi.

Step 1: Open a console on the pi.
Step 2: Run the following commands one at a time by copying each line to the prompt and pressing enter
Code:
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.39.3/install.sh | bash
nvm install 18
nvm alias default 18
cd ~/nodejs-poolController
git pull
npm i
git pull
npm i

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No worries. It seems daunting but think of it as texting your raspberry pi. The first thing we will do is install nvm. It is by far the easiest way to manage node versions on the pi.

Step 1: Open a console on the pi.
Step 2: Run the following commands one at a time by copying each line to the prompt and pressing enter
Code:
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvm-sh/nvm/v0.39.3/install.sh | bash
nvm install 18
nvm alias default 18
cd ~/nodejs-poolController
git pull
npm i
git pull
npm i
I had to delete package.json and package-lock.json in order for it to update. Doing that now.

Pooltone lighting is supported by njsPC but you will need to control them with an external relay. There are a number of home automation platforms including Homebridge that have been created by the community but I don't think anyone created a Control4 connector. However I do believe there is an IntelliCenter Control4 driver.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support