Pentair IntelliCenter/IntelliTouch/Easy Touch schedule look like?

Drexl

Nov 2, 2021
CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Chris,

You just need to schedule your system to meet your goals.. My schedule would not work for you.

I run the Pool Circuit 8 am until 8 am 24/7.. at 1250 RPM
I run the Skim Low Circuit three times a day for an hour at 1500 RPM.. I tell myself it is to help skimming, but I am not sure it matters, as my pool seems to skim well at 1250.

You have a heater, so unless you have a bypass, you will never be able to run that low.

In my mind, the first thing you want to schedule is for your pump to run long enough to generate the amount of chlorine your pool will need.

Since you have a Spa, you may want to set up the Spillway mode, so that you can flush the spa a couple of times a day, instead of having a constantly running spillover.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Hi Chris, to schedule running 24/7, do you set here the start time and stop time as 8:00 AM? My builder put in 7:59AM, stopping it for one minute, his explanation was in case prime is lost it will reprime itself. Does that sound right?
1635979407019.png

Drexl,

Sorry, but your pool builder is an idiot... :mrgreen:

Starting and stopping the pump makes no sense to me.. If you are worried about priming, then just ramp the speed up once or twice a day for a few minutes instead of turning the pump off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Drexl,

Sorry, but your pool builder is an idiot... :mrgreen:

Starting and stopping the pump makes no sense to me.. If you are worried about priming, then just ramp the speed up once or twice a day for a few minutes instead of turning the pump off.

Thanks,

Jim R.
So, on schedule, I can just set the stop time to 8am and it will run 24/7 no problem, correct? Guy will have a fit when he finds out I am changing his programming, so need to make sure it is right. Thanks!

Drex,

I'm sorry, is this his pool or your pool??? How can anyone complain if you are changing your own equipment??? :)

Keep in mind that I run my pump at 1200 RPM, but if you have a heater, you will probably need to run 1500 to 1800 to make the heater work.. You will just have to experiment to see what speed works best for you.

Thanks,

Jim R.

My pool, but I was told I got "too involved" and had to back off with all my questions/concerns/equipment handling. I was told there are only a couple of companies that can even maintain my pool and that it would be in my best interest that I do not get on their bad side as they will drop me; and the other company is not as good as this one. Technically, the "indoc"? is next week. I will change one of the pumps to start/stop at 8am and see what happens. They will get alert and my wife will get a call from them, is my guess. Or, they will try to lock me out. I swear, it is hilarious.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.