Pentair iChlor 30 blowing fuses

Npat12

Apr 28, 2023
Ohio
Went out this morning and noticed my Ichlor30 wasn’t working and lights off. Checked the fuse and was blown. Put a new fuse in and blew right away. I disconnected the cord and fuse did not blow. As soon as I plugged cord in the fuse blew. Does this mean my salt cell went bad and need a new one. Would the power center be fine since it didn’t blow the fuse when I unplugged the cord from it.

If so, and I want to upgrade to an intellicor ic-40. Will my power center for the IC-30 work for the IC-40 or will I need to get a new power center as well for the IC-40.

My current SWG is going on 5 years old and have a 26,000 gallon pool.

Welcome to TFP.

The iChlor 30 uses the same Power Center as the IntelliChlor cells.

You will need to adjust your plumbing to install an IC40 as the cell is longer.

For 26k gallons would you not want the IC60? The IC40 is less than 2x the size of your pool which is the recommended minimum. The larger cell means you can run less pump time to get the same amount of FC and/or extend cell calendar life as well by dialing it down to get the same amount of Fc.

Just a thought to look into when you go to price it ….

Pat,

Your cell is most likely bad, if it blows the fuse when connected. I am 'shocked' it lasted 5 years. :mrgreen:

What FC (chlorine) level do you try to maintain with your IC30?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Pat,

Your cell is most likely bad, if it blows the fuse when connected. I am 'shocked' it lasted 5 years. :mrgreen:

What FC (chlorine) level do you try to maintain with your IC30?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Try to maintain in between 2-4 ppm. And this running the Ic-30 at 100% all day. Couldn’t keep up and still had to add liquid chlorine sometimes.

For 26k gallons would you not want the IC60? The IC40 is less than 2x the size of your pool which is the recommended minimum. The larger cell means you can run less pump time to get the same amount of FC and/or extend cell calendar life as well by dialing it down to get the same amount of Fc.

Just a thought to look into when you go to price it ….
Yea That is thought. After doing some research will probably jump up to the IC-60

15.75" total including the cell and unions.
520555-003.jpg

2824-050-001-dim.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesW
Seems to be the same total as a Hayward T-cell.

The T-cell is slightly smaller and the unions are different, but the total required length is about the same.

The Aquarite also requires 4" for the flow switch T for a total of 19.75".

600px-Hayward_Flow_Switch_Dimensions.png

hayward-tcell15-dimn.jpeg

600px-Hayward_T_Cell_Dimensions.png

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.