Pentair IC40 Salt Cell

When the cell light is green it indicates the cell is working..

When the cell light is flashing it indicated the cell is not working and it could need cleaning or it could be the cell has reached its end of life.

You can sometimes get a little extra life out of a cell by increasing the salt level.

How old is the cell, and what is the actual salt level in your pool.... Not what the cell says it is..

Thanks,

Jim R.

When the cell light is green it indicates the cell is working..

When the cell light is flashing it indicated the cell is not working and it could need cleaning or it could be the cell has reached its end of life.

You can sometimes get a little extra life out of a cell by increasing the salt level.

How old is the cell, and what is the actual salt level in your pool.... Not what the cell says it is..

Thanks,

Jim R.
It is 7 years old. The salt level is 3300

Most salt cells last 4 to 7 years, although we have seen them working at 10 years old. It all depends on how hard they were used, how many times they were cleaned with MA, and how often super-chlorinate was used, etc...

It would be worth increasing your salt to 4000 and seeing what happens, if that high of salt is not a taste issue for you.

If you are talking about an actual new IC40, that is a good deal.. Sometimes ads say they "replace" the IC40, but they are not actually an IC40.. Those generic units will not work if you have an automation system, like an EasyTouch..

Thanks,

Jim R.

There is a seller on eBay selling them brand new for 520 with free shipping. I bought mine from them and it was factory sealed - they have great feedback and have sold a ton of them. The seller is ynotpoolparts. Also it is the new style

It looks original. I assume it will work with the Easy Touch System? I am going to increase the salt level first and if that does not work, I will order one of these if it is capatible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.