Pentair Easy Touch Controller and Remote

CAH2873

May 27, 2019
East Texas
Hello- I don’t think my 2 problems are related but they may be.
1.). My LCD screen is scrambled. The programming and everything else works correctly but not the readout. Take a look at the picture.

2.). My remote is getting harder to come on. You have to tap it to come up to the main screen. From there, it will not go into sleep mode- it just stays up until the batteries go dead. Everything else appears to be working.

Is there a cost effective repair for this? Or do I need to purchase new parts?

Thanks in Advance,

CAH2873

Attachments

• 4512F5A8-751E-40B8-82C6-02119DDAD8D6.jpeg
    4512F5A8-751E-40B8-82C6-02119DDAD8D6.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 1E27B808-0FCE-407F-B778-4044B799AAF3.jpeg
    1E27B808-0FCE-407F-B778-4044B799AAF3.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 16
If it is still available youi might want to consider adding a wifi system to your easytouch and controlling the system with screenlogic on your PC ditching the controller. The wifi connects to the com port in your easy touch.
The receiver will connect to the screenlogic brik (which you will need ) and the brick connects to your router or switch. Screenlogic is then a free download from pentair. Do check the firmware version on your easy touch to see that your system is compatible.

On the easy touch looks like your lcd screen is the issue. I don't recall if it is soldered into or plugged int the board. But if plugged in its an easy fix as long as you can find the part. If soldered in you might want to just replace the board. Hope this helps.

From Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading

Replacing EasyTouch LCD Screen​

The Winstar WH1604A-TMI-JT has been used but seems to be unavailable.

These displays seem to be the exact same pinout and form factor as the Winstar ones. You can compare it to the Winstar data sheet here.

You will find tips on desoldering the board at this thread.

You solder each pin, one at a time. Then clean, inspect for a possible short, and use desoldering braid to clean between any two pins that appear bridged.

I am thinking I need to purchase a new remote and then tackle then LCD in the control panel. I see some on Ebay. Does all of them work together

There are two different versions with different frequencies.

Wireless remotes are matched with the EasyTouch version. There are two styles of transceivers and the FCC ids on the back of the wireless controller will be either P4HEASYTOUCH (old version) or P4HEASYTOUCH2A (new version). You can't run the new version of the wireless controller on the old version of the outdoor transceiver, and vice versa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.