Pentair 522353 EasyTouch PL4 control system or 521247 Compool to EasyTouch upgrade kit?

Jun 6, 2016
San Jose
Hi Experts,

I need to change my power control center now, and I want to know which option should be the right way to go.

My pool uses a single speed star-rite pump, with spa, a gas heater and roof top solar system. All old. They are controlled with Compool CP2000 indoor unit and an outdoor power center LX100.

Upgrading the power center with Pentair 521247 Compool to EasyTouch kit seems the most straightforward way. However, Pentair 522353 EasyTouch PL4 w/ ScreenLogic box seems more attractive as it offers iPhone connection, and for future, the full support for
intelliflo VSP. I’m not quite sure how well 522353 is compatible with my existing old system though.

In addition, I wonder if this is a DIY level job to replace my existing power center.

Any suggestion is highly welcome. Thanks!

Best Regards

Eric,

Anything with an 'L' in it is a lite version of the EasyTouch... Just like lite salad dressing they just do not taste right... :) They only have 4 possible programs, less pumps speeds, and several other problems. I suggest that you either buy the real thing or nothing at all instead of the PL4...

I believe that the upgrade kit allows you to have the same functions as a real ET8 and full control over an IntelliFlo pump.. You would have to buy ScreenLogic separately, but this is one of those cases where you get what you pay for..

If you buy the PL4 you will cry every time you use it.. If you buy the upgrade and ScreenLogic, you will only cry when you buy it and find yourself smiling everytime you use it.. ;)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: MyAZPool
Eric,

If you use the search function you should be a able to find several threads on doing the upgrade.. It is not hard but you do need to understand the basic fundamentals of electricity.

Jim R.

Not sure if the "L" is offered in an upgrade "kit". If you really wanted the L, you might have to piece it together which may cost more, not sure, never had that request of an L upgrade. As you may know, the E/T is available in a kit that contains everything you need to swap it out cleanly.

Note: you live in CA, and you will be required to REPLACE the pump/motor with a variable or other energy efficient type (2 spd) when your current one fails (CA title 20). And while the L can accommodate this upgrade, i think you will be happier with the E/T's wider range of features.

The E/T can also accepts the Screen logic integration too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.