Pebblesheen recoat wrong color

Tubbs

Nov 20, 2021
Las Vegas
Just went thru the process of them chipping it out I added about $1,600 in mosaics but they used the wrong color Pebblesheen.
The salesman never sent my color into be added to the file. I got Pebblesheen Granite blue instead of Turquoise blue With glass beads.(Not a Pebble Tec product) They offered to redo the pool now or at the end of the season or refund me $2,000. I asked for 5K the whole job was 10K plus. They refused my offer and didn't counter offer. I am pretty happy with the color but would like more money back. My wife is worried about them chipping on the shell again for structural damage its about 12" thick with #3 rebar I am not concerned with the integrity of the shell. Any pool refinshers know what roughly the cost to the pool company is to redo it? they are going to pay for new mosaics I assume they get a better price than I do.

Just went thru the process of them chipping it out I added about $1,600 in mosaics but they used the wrong color Pebblesheen.
The salesman never sent my color into be added to the file. I got Pebblesheen Granite blue instead of Turquoise blue With glass beads.(Not a Pebble Tec product) They offered to redo the pool now or at the end of the season or refund me $2,000. I asked for 5K the whole job was 10K plus. They refused my offer and didn't counter offer. I am pretty happy with the color but would like more money back. My wife is worried about them chipping on the shell again for structural damage its about 12" thick with #3 rebar I am not concerned with the integrity of the shell. Any pool refinshers know what roughly the cost to the pool company is to redo it? they are going to pay for new mosaics I assume they get a better price than I do.
Not sure you are going to get many answers on this. They offered to make it right by redoing it or to comp you for the mistake - but you want more money? I don't think anyone is going to have specific going rate costs for pool refinishing for your market.

If you can live with the color - pocket the 20% savings, otherwise have them fix it. No issue with re-chip out that I am aware of.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.