ashleym23

Feb 24, 2022
Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool was completed in July 2022, but the wrong Stonescapes mini pebble plaster color was applied. Unfortunately it was not a color I could live with, so our PB is chipping out and replastering at their expense. They started the process yesterday, and I wanted to see if the progress photos look acceptable to you guys. They're chipping out about an inch of gunite in many areas - is this going to affect the integrity of the shell in the long term? Thanks.

1EC172ED-BD54-4C06-B7EF-9B4BA630E482.jpeg2F0A542A-079D-4BC6-AF2A-EB535CF98A76.jpeg04DD462C-82E7-4951-BD21-637038B19D73.jpeg

You are very fortunate that the PB is chipping it completely out as that provides the best adhesion for the new plaster to be applied. As you see they need to use mechanical tools which leave grooves as part of the process.
Ensure the drain is covered in both spa and pool to prevent any debris into it.

Reactions: ashleym23
You are very fortunate that the PB is chipping it completely out as that provides the best adhesion for the new plaster to be applied. As you see they need to use mechanical tools which leave grooves as part of the process.
Ensure the drain is covered in both spa and pool to prevent any debris into it.
Thanks, I'll make sure the drains are covered!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.