PB cost for Jandy Equipments

johnkim2020

Aug 2, 2020
Canada
I'm going to buy my own Pentair equipement so I'm gonna get a credit back from PB for jandy. I'm wondering what fair price should I get back:

1. Single Speed Jandy 1hp pump
2. Truclear SWG
3. 260k Jandy heater

Hey J/K !!! It’s hard to say because every PB marks things up differently. Some make the bulk of their profit on the pool, and some have lots of markup on the equipment making less on the pool itself. In the end they get their profit either way but how your builder broke down their costs could really make a difference.

I wouldn’t put it past any builder to modify the breakdown and charge more for the build then they originally planned to keep their profit margin closer to what it was originally.

Reactions: wolverine
On the total price of a new pool, it's not worth buying your own equipment to save a few bucks. The manufacturers warranty may be invalidated and the pool builder likely won't warranty the labor if anything does go wrong with it. And the pool builder with only credit a fraction of what the difference is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.