Jandy PLC1400 Replacement Cost

I received the salt cell yesterday. I will install this afternoon and report back.

I am pretty shocked that FEDEX got this thing from Australia to my door step in 3 days. I ordered on the 7th, FEDEX picked up on the 8th, It came into the west coast of the US and all the way over to me on the east coast and delivered on the 10th.

Installed the cell, it was pretty straight forward. I loosely followed this thread Replacement cell for Jandy Aquapure 1400 There were no instructions that came with it. There is also no flow arrows or anything to tell you which direction to install the cell. Since it is basically the same shape and layout as the old Jandy cell, I installed it with the tri sensor near the inlet and the cable at the exit. I also had to open up the Aquapure cabinet and disconnect the old DC power cable and install the new one. Again, no instructions but its two wires so I have a 50/50 shot at getting it right. Instead of red and blue wires I had one brown wire and one blue and one green/yellow wire combined. I hooked red to brown and the blue to the other blue and green/yellow. Once I restored power to the aquapure it started right up with no errors. It did start out with "cell reversing" lit up. I'm not sure if that is a indication that I got the wiring wrong if that's just it's normal thing coming out of a power disconnect. I will keep the old Jandy cell for a dumby cell to use in the winter. I have attached pictures. You can see the corrosion on the old jandy cell. This keeps happening and I'm averaging a cell every 1.5 years because of it. 1st cell was replaced under warranty. This last one only had a 1 year warranty so that's why I went with the generic cell. Hoping the different cable design eliminates it as a failure point.

IMG_0413.JPEGIMG_0415.JPEGIMG_0417.JPEGIMG_0418.JPEGIMG_0419.JPEG

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the salt cell yesterday. I will install this afternoon and report back.

I am pretty shocked that FEDEX got this thing from Australia to my door step in 3 days. I ordered on the 7th, FEDEX picked up on the 8th, It came into the west coast of the US and all the way over to me on the east coast and delivered on the 10th.
I have one from the SaltPoolStore but would like to know the Australian manufacturer to consult them about some technical issues. Did you buy from the manufacturer?
Thx,
David Watkins- Dallas

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. That phone number no longer works for Compupool, and I saw in a post on Inyo pools from a couple of years ago that INYO could no longer sell the Jandy replacement cell because Compupool quit selling to the US. I the Salt Pool Store is selling gray market. I can't get a hold of any tech support from them either.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. That phone number no longer works for Compupool, and I saw in a post on Inyo pools from a couple of years ago that INYO could no longer sell the Jandy replacement cell because Compupool quit selling to the US. I the Salt Pool Store is welling gray market. I can't get a hold of any tech support from them either.
Did you try the contact form on their Australian website?

It is huge red flag that the salt cell I purchased last week has a non working website and phone number printed on it. But as long as it lasts more than a year its still better than the a Jandy cell.

Did you try the contact form on their Australian website?

It is huge red flag that the salt cell I purchased last week has a non working website and phone number printed on it. But as long as it lasts more than a year its still better than the a Jandy cell.
"But as long..." True enough. I used the chat on compupool this morning and left a message. The email function would not accept my phone number. Australia has 8 or 9 time zo0nes running 12 to 15 ½ hours ahead of Dallas (CDT) so I will call them tonight. I got a different Australia number from INYO - ‭+61 (0) 7 5596 3773‬.
The Salt Pool Store receptionist says they only do tech support via email so I will give that a try.

Reactions: NCMike and HermanTX