Passed SLAM however

Frezel

Jul 6, 2018
Doylestown, PA
So I recently slammed my pool for 6 days and OCLT was .5 and CC is 0 and pool was soarkilimg clear, however a few days later as my FC levels were coming down and I pit pump back on 12 hour cycle I noticed this at bottom of pool when pump was off. This is what I deal with 24/7. This greenish yellow very light dust at bottom of pool in morning when pump is not running. Last night I did a OCLT and lost 0 FC. Water remains clear but this light dust which requires either constant sweeping or pool shark to get rid of. If we swim in it, it kicks up and greens water alittle. Does anyone else get this or did I not do the SLAM long enough despite passing

Attachments

• IMG_20190802_125950406.jpg
    IMG_20190802_125950406.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20190802_130014398.jpg
    IMG_20190802_130014398.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190802_104121946.jpg
    IMG_20190802_104121946.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 43
It looks to me like your water isn't clear yet. We're talking so clear you can see if a dime in the deep end is heads or tails. We call it "gin clear", so clear it looks like there's no water when you look straight down. Finishing a SLAM requires 3 criteria:
  1. CC 0.5 or less
  2. OCLT of 1.0 or less
  3. Water crystal clear, or gin clear
Uuntil your water is gin clear, your SLAM isn't over.

Reactions: frogabog
Yup, the 2nd best thing we have done is get a robot. Last year we chased the fines in the bottom (pollen, fine dirt, and ?) Evey time swam we cleaned with fine mesh nets. We never had an issue but not sure if it was luck, diligence or just not an issue to worry about.

Now we get in, brush the walls and corners a bit, then just have fun!

FYI. First best is stumbling onto TFP and all the great information and help. ?

As Lorri noted... your water isn't clear yet.

Stopping SLAM when the water seems clear because it's been soooo cloudy is when setbacks like the one you're describing occur. Maintain SLAM FC levels till the water is clear as Lorri described above. The dead algae needs to be filtered out completely or it will re-bloom at maintenance FC levels.

It is safe to swim if your FC is at or below SLAM level. This is one of the most cautious places around in regards to pools and it has always been considered safe here. I can't cite any research personally, but I'm sure it's available somewhere if you really need it.

Question if my cya was super low like 15 could I do a concentrated test to make sure it's really this low? The cya test sucks and wanted to make sure I'm really this low and for a pool with 4 hours of sun it's still kinda low. I added 7ml of cya reagent and only 3.5 cc of pool water and was able to make the dot disappear around 30-35ish the three times I tried this should be accurate to say my cya is half that?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not much need to be super accurate, especially at that level, you need to add anyway. One reason they reccomend only adding half of what pool math says, wait and recheck, then add more as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.