Passed OCLT but still have 1.5 CC

I don't think you are ready for the OLCT if you still have CC's. You should get those close to zero first and also make sure your water isn't covered to allow it to breath. The CC's need to burn off as chlorine gas.

How long have you been SLAMing? I bet you just need to keep slamming.. There are no shortcuts. Sometimes I think the CCs don't read right at very high FC levels. My first slam I had the FC at around 30ish to account for not being able to be home all day to add bleach. I couldn't get the CCs to drop below 1 and literally SLAMed hard for over a week. After I let the FC drift down it read zero.

That's exactly what happened to me.. if you have CRYSTAL clear water, kept your FC at/above SLAM levels AND passing the OCLT, I would call it good and let it drift down and retest CC after it is at normal levels. Make sure your reagents aren't old either.

Be sure the vial you are using for FC/CC testing is clean. Use alcohol or bleach to clean it.

I will do that, it's a little stained

Also I got my new R0870 powder in the mail yesterday, so I tested it with the new stuff, and the FC was 11.5 and the CC was 2

So slightly different results than the older powder.

I will clean the vial,
Be sure the vial you are using for FC/CC testing is clean. Use alcohol or bleach to clean it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
CYA is really low, 20

I've been keeping the FC around 15

That is a high FC for that CYA level. You can bleach your liner.

I would suggest you get your CYA to 30 and use SLAM FC of 12.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.