Jul 5, 2021
Utah
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I have been managing my pool this summer using the TFPC method and things have been great. I slammed my green pool and then balanced my chemicals. Since then its just been adding some chlorine once a day and testing my other numbers weekly. My pool is very clear with no cloudiness, the bottom drains are so clearly visible.

I have one issue still though... there is this floating stuff in the water. You can't see it all during the day, only at night, and only right in front of the pool light. It looks like it could be a crystalline shape but I cannot tell for sure. I have tried using Clorox clarifier but with very little effect. I mostly use liquid chlorine but occasionally I will use Calcium Hypochlorite to chlorinate. Do you guys have any ideas?

Test Results:
FC - 6.6
CC - 0
pH - 7.6
TA - 70
CH - 350
CYA - 40
CSI - (-0.04)

Thanks in advance.

Particulate1.jpg Particulate2.jpgParticulate3.jpg

Thank you for the test results.
Nothing glaring there. No need to use a 25 ml sample for FC testing. Just follow the instructions with the TF100.

I would try the DE. The cal hypo can leave some impurities. When you use it, dissolve it in a bucket of water. Then pour at the pool return, making sure to not add the solids left in the bucket. Dispose of those.

Reactions: Heavenly
Aside from adding DE to increase filtration a bit and the possible cal-hypo leftovers it's likely just normal.

In general those particulates and are nothing I pay attention to. There will always be something visible in the lights at night. It can vary from very few to moderate in amount. But during the day it is crystal clear. They are just floaties, a very non-technical term, that sums it up. No need to address. Only if you have time to kill or or OCD to overcome should you bother addressing them.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.