Owner/builder SoCal

I love your pool. I love the fact that you did it all on your own. And you guys are fantastic and seem like lots of fun.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad or be a troll but.....

NOPE! That tile job is/was amateur-hour. And that's coming from a guy who will gladly admit that I SUCK at laying tile! What you are showing would drive me insane (OCD).

You deserve better and I know you can do better. BUT, it's not critical at this point. You can finish the pool, fill it and enjoy it and fix the tile later.

You guys are going to have an awesome backyard and it will be the envy of the neighborhood!!

Have fun with the flamethrower today [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

I agree..we have so many projects going on right now that we thought it would be best to hire out a few of them. In the end they made more work for us but at least it's useable until we have time to tackle it ourselves. I guess our pool thread will never end [emoji23]

I agree..we have so many projects going on right now that we thought it would be best to hire out a few of them. In the end they made more work for us but at least it's useable until we have time to tackle it ourselves. I guess our pool thread will never end [emoji23]

I hope it doesn't and I hope to see many more projects on here by you guys...I rarely, if ever, subscribe to build threads because I have nothing to offer, it's not my area of expertise (resident nerd and amateur chef). But I am so glad I did stumble upon your thread and made a post. It's been nothing short of fun "hanging out" with you guys.

Lots of POP (pool owner patience) is always required....

I hope it doesn't and I hope to see many more projects on here by you guys...I rarely, if ever, subscribe to build threads because I have nothing to offer, it's not my area of expertise (resident nerd and amateur chef). But I am so glad I did stumble upon your thread and made a post. It's been nothing short of fun "hanging out" with you guys.

Lots of POP (pool owner patience) is always required....

I'm really glad you did too Matt! It's yours and everyone's encouragement that's kept us going. I think you also played a huge role in our choosing AB and I'm sooo excited for that!

#coolestthreadever

Seriously, you guys are awesome! I can't wait to see the pool filled with water and you and your family enjoying all your hard work!

I love your pool. I love the fact that you did it all on your own. And you guys are fantastic and seem like lots of fun.

NOPE! That tile job is/was amateur-hour. And that's coming from a guy who will gladly admit that I SUCK at laying tile! What you are showing would drive me insane (OCD).

You deserve better and I know you can do better. BUT, it's not critical at this point. You can finish the pool, fill it and enjoy it and fix the tile later.

You guys are going to have an awesome backyard and it will be the envy of the neighborhood!!

u

Yeah, amateur hour for sure. By the time we saw that it was almost done. I'm thinking we will spend a few months after the pool is done looking at it to come up with a plan. I wanted to see the finished product and be blown away..... I guess the lesson learned is to monitor the progress better along the way. I could have stopped them and saved some material.

This was my tile disaster on the outdoor kitchen -

7a7cc321ffdc7973a3198843e5af08c0.jpg

I liked the tile color and I really wanted the 45deg rotated pattern and I wanted a smooth bullnose edge. Well, with the rounded top and all my other wishes, I settled for an angle-grinder and made my own bullnose....pretty cheesy especially with the mis-aligned grout lines in the vertical edge.... :mrgreen:

(Oh, and that's not the original attempt at it either....an entire tile surface was chipped off prior to that one...all of those images were destroyed so as to protect what little pride I have left .... as I said, I'm not very good at tile).

This was my tile disaster on the outdoor kitchen -

7a7cc321ffdc7973a3198843e5af08c0.jpg

I liked the tile color and I really wanted the 45deg rotated pattern and I wanted a smooth bullnose edge. Well, with the rounded top and all my other wishes, I settled for an angle-grinder and made my own bullnose....pretty cheesy especially with the mis-aligned grout lines in the vertical edge.... :mrgreen:

(Oh, and that's not the original attempt at it either....an entire tile surface was chipped off prior to that one...all of those images were destroyed so as to protect what little pride I have left .... as I said, I'm not very good at tile).

I think it's only noticeable when you really stare at it. At first glance it's not bad. I don't think it's bad at all

I am with J........I was looking for the "disaster" and could not find it :confused: When I read your words I still do not see it as a disaster. Not sure what you could have done different/better really!

J, you will be able to fix that right up on a day you have nothing else to do LOL. Like that every happens at your house :roll: I bet with it grouted and cute place mats NO one will even notice it. If they do..............:gone: there is the door!

So when will B be there???

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

u

Yeah, amateur hour for sure. By the time we saw that it was almost done. I'm thinking we will spend a few months after the pool is done looking at it to come up with a plan. I wanted to see the finished product and be blown away..... I guess the lesson learned is to monitor the progress better along the way. I could have stopped them and saved some material.

It appears flip-flops will be the foot gear for today....is that Mike standing by the wall??

Looks like a union job - two guys supervising and one guy actually working....

Oh man, you guys should have setup a live webcam....totally would have been cool to watch the video feed. And then Kim could just stare at shirtless-Mike all day.

[Somewhere in FL on a warm summer day...]

Mr Kimkats: Oh sweetie-poo, where are you??

Kimkats: Huh....waaa?

Mr Kimkats: sweetheart, you've been glued to that tablet all day long....surely TFP can give you a break??

Kimkats: Uhh....waaaa....uh....dinners in the fridge...

Mr Kimkats: Kimmy-bear, are you even listening to me....

Kimkats: WOULD YOU HUSH UP!! I'm working!!!

[Soft purring sounds coming from the couch where Kim stares dreamily into her tablet....]

So I hate to be this way but this is just WRONG! I have been checking this thread all day waiting for pictures of some mythical fire breathing dragon that applies some unicorn type pool finish and nothing! I think BigWill also lied to me when he told me the dragon was tamed and led by an all female team that only wears bikinis.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.