Gstack

May 1, 2021
Las Vegas nevada
Hello everyone, glad I have found this web site! I`m currently working on getting a pool built(still getting bids) but would like to hear everyone`s feed back. Please look over the pool/site plan and tell me if you guys see anything I should be aware of. The pool equipment is also listed on this plan. As of right now the only questions that come to mind are, Do I really need 2 pumps? Should I leave the dedicated VAC line or plumb with out it and just get a robot cleaner? Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

Attachments

• siteplan).pdf
    609.9 KB · Views: 26
Welcome to the forum!
Great choice on getting a SWCG. Also, you might consider an Intellicenter instead of the old tech Easytouch.
Is the spa the water feature that the second pump is for? How many jets in the spa?
I would not use Pentair Globrite lights. I have two. They fail in about 3 years. Use Microbrite or look into using a third party light, such as Florida Sunseeker.
Be sure you set up the spa spillover to only run a couple times per day and when you want it to. Continuous spillover will really mess with your water chemistry.
If you have a water softener, get your autofill plumbed to soft water. You will not fill the pool initially with soft water as you will need the calcium. But make up water due to evaporation is best to be soft water.
Get a robot. S200 or equivalent.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Great choice on getting a SWCG. Also, you might consider an Intellicenter instead of the old tech Easytouch.
Is the spa the water feature that the second pump is for? How many jets in the spa?
I would not use Pentair Globrite lights. I have two. They fail in about 3 years. Use Microbrite or look into using a third party light, such as Florida Sunseeker.
Be sure you set up the spa spillover to only run a couple times per day and when you want it to. Continuous spillover will really mess with your water chemistry.
If you have a water softener, get your autofill plumbed to soft water. You will not fill the pool initially with soft water as you will need the calcium. But make up water due to evaporation is best to be soft water.
Get a robot. S200 or equivalent.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
I will look into the intellicenter, by any chance would you happen to know the best and cheapest place to get all the equipment?
second pump would only be for the 3 sheer water falls and 2 bubblers in wet step. Spa will have 6 jets but I'm under the impression that those jets will be controlled by the air blower?
Going to look into another light option thank you for that!
I did read about the water softener hooked up and was planning to have that hooked up.
So you would recommend I don't do the dedicated vacuum line for the floor sweeper? Or leave it in the plan as a " just in case"

would you happen to know the best and cheapest place to get all the equipment?
Many of us have used Polytec Pools in Las Vegas. Seem to keep a good inventory and good prices. You will have to pay sales tax (as I do).
second pump would only be for the 3 sheer water falls and 2 bubblers in wet step.
OK -- so IF you can only run those, or the spa, or the pool returns at same time, you only need one pump. But if you want to run the spa and the water features, you will need two pumps. You will find the water features lose their wow factor pretty quickly.
Spa will have 6 jets but I'm under the impression that those jets will be controlled by the air blower?
The air blower will add air (lots of bubbles). We do not have an air blower and with natural induction have plenty of bubbles. Depends on how violent you want the spa.
So you would recommend I don't do the dedicated vacuum line for the floor sweeper? Or leave it in the plan as a " just in case"
Leaving the plumbing for suction side is OK. I had one for about two days, was worthless. Then manual vac for awhile, not fun. Then robot. Have not used the manual vac since. I do dump the robot in the spa every once in awhile to clean it.

Many of us have used Polytec Pools in Las Vegas. Seem to keep a good inventory and good prices. You will have to pay sales tax (as I do).

OK -- so IF you can only run those, or the spa, or the pool returns at same time, you only need one pump. But if you want to run the spa and the water features, you will need two pumps. You will find the water features lose their wow factor pretty quickly.

The air blower will add air (lots of bubbles). We do not have an air blower and with natural induction have plenty of bubbles. Depends on how violent you want the spa.

Leaving the plumbing for suction side is OK. I had one for about two days, was worthless. Then manual vac for awhile, not fun. Then robot. Have not used the manual vac since. I do dump the robot in the spa every once in awhile to clean it.
ok sounds great, I will have to go check out poly tec on my day off. Thank you for the answers, cant wait to get things started.

Reactions: mknauss
Spa will have 6 jets but I'm under the impression that those jets will be controlled by the air blower?
An air blower alone will only give you big air bubbles churning close to the wall. You need water returning to the spa jets to give you the full effect.

The blower only cost me $135 (new) and I added it to the existing air vent at the equipment pad. It was well worth the cost. You would need to include an electrical connection and switch/timer. It adds some good thump and agitation to the spa.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.