Outdoor bathtub is all I need...maybe slightly bigger (Buckeye, AZ New Build)....

Also think about your main drain/skimmer ratio. Right now I bet it is 50/50 and that is a good thing due to the dust. Once things settle down you can do some playing with it to see what works best for your pool day to day and during each season.

You can and should throw some ping pong balls into the water to see your water flow. You can adjust your returns to make sure you don't have any "dead" spots in the pool.

I would think about cleaning your filter when you have about an hour and can get wet :roll: LOL

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim! I will do that this weekend. One of the "eyeballs" fell out of one of the returns. I put it back in but now I'm thinking that they were put in but the all just shoot straight into the pool without really giving them a direction. I plan to fix that this morning.

So first reading are done...hopefully correctly. I'm keeping notes in a logbook for now on...

FC: 9
CC: 18
PH: 7.8
TA: 100
CH 220
CYA: 90

CC of 18????

You sure about that? That would be very contaminated water.

Test your fill water and compare the results.

What startup guide are you following? You should not have a FC that high on 7 day old plaster.

From Recommended startup procedures for pebbletec are vital for the warranty

After you fill up the swimming pool you will want to make sure the water chemistry falls within the acceptable ranges listed below for the first month:
  • pH – 7.0-7.4
  • Total Alkalinity – 70-100ppm
  • Calcium Hardness – 150-250ppm
  • Chlorine – 1-3ppm
  • CYA – 30-50ppm
During this time you will also want to brush the interior finish three times a day for the first three days and twice a day for the next ten days! You also don’t want to use any pool cleaner with wheels. Do your best to adhere to the above values and recommendations because failure to do so will void the warranty!

Last edited:
I think I calculated CC wrong. I had a FC or 9 (PB dumped a bucket of something into the pool at startup and the pool smells of strong chlorine so I assume that was the white powder in the pool. I don't think I multiplied the .2 by the number of drops. I'm going to test again today and see what I get. With the CYA, I couldn't really see the black dot anymore and it did seem high.

IMG_3388.jpeg

IMG_3389.jpeg
Pool equipment enclosure installed yesterday. I used my left over pergola alumawood to make the top. Overall I love it and has a nice storage area on one side for pool supplies. Should still have plenty of ventilation. My only worry is lifting that lid as I get older. Might have to put some hydraulic shocks on it or something. My backyard faces South so the equipment would get full Arizona sun all day everyday unless I figured out a way to cover it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.