Outdoor bathtub is all I need...maybe slightly bigger (Buckeye, AZ New Build)....

@kimkats has a full set of links for you. She will get them to you when she logs back in.

Typically pool builders/gunite companies do start up. Find out what they plan to do. It is sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

These are for new pool owners:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

These are for new plaster:

Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

Make sure to talk to your Plaster warranty holder to make sure they like these!

Kim:kim:

Much to my disappointment, I got a call from the PB and the interior guys were stuck on their first job so they had to reschedule for today. So, instead of filling up the pool today, I'll get to start that tomorrow. They are here now working on the interior. It is a pretty good size crew that seems to know what they are doing. Probably at least 6-8 guys here....One guy said that having two large baja steps makes the job a little harder but it won't be too bad.

IMG_3343.jpeg

Reactions: PoolGate
So the pool is finally filling. One one guy showed up this morning to do the acid wash and it doesn't seem like he did a very good job. There is still paint from the pebble sheen on the tile and grout. I can't stop the fill now but there are other areas that look like they could have been cleaned much better. My bigger concern is that some of the areas on the walls are not a smooth as I thought they would be. They are lumpy. I've attached a couple pictures. Is this normal? You can also see how much of the paint was not cleaned off in the second picture.

IMG_3355.jpegIMG_3354.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Filled Pool.png

The blue surf looks pretty good. It took lest then 12 hours to fill with three hoses. The socks worked out great...they floated so the hoses didn't even sit on the bottom. Everything should be running by the time I get home from work and I can start brushing. I noticed during filling that the big Baja step isn't level. Not a big deal but the shotcrete guys I think were some of the worst of the subs. There is blue paint on the decking too from the interior. I saw on my cameras that they showed up today to clean up the waste they left. Maybe they cleaned the deck a little bit more too....

Reactions: NorCalX
Looks like you got some quick help on your other thread! SWEET!

Now I really need to see those bubblers doing that big dance! I now it was not really funny to you are the moment but now that things are calmed down I want to see it all in action! I bet the PB did it for the reason Allen stated-to mix things up good!

YOU did a great job with everything you did to "fix" things-brushing to get that stuff up and mixed in better and "calling for help" here!!! :hug: we got ya!

Thanks Kim! I checked on it this morning before leaving for work and everything was working great. That pump is actually very quiet below 2k RPMs. It will probably be almost silent once we get the enclosure installed this weekend. I'll get some pictures this afternoon. I am feeling a lot better about it now. I'll try to read the Pentair manual today and learn how to get it all programed correctly.

So the first week is going OK. There is a lot of plaster dust every time I sweep. When I put the pump in clean mode I feel like the plumbing isn't working. the skimmer doesn't seem to be pulling water through it very well. How can I tell if it's working correctly?

Pump/filter running check-put your hand in front of a return. Can you feel it pushing water? Do you know what the pressure gauge was at when you first turned on the pump? What is it at now? If you put a leaf in the skimmer does it move at all?

Have you cleaned your filter yet?

There is a good amount of water in front of the returns. It is pretty hard when the pump is in cleaning mode. With the pump on low the pressure guage is around 10. it is about 25 when the pump is on high. The bugs on the top of the skimmer just swirl around but there isn't a door on it right now. It was broken on install. Should be one on there when I get home. I'll see if that made a different too. Thanks Kim!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.