ordering from pool factory

Price out their equipment and see if you can get any of it cheaper somewhere else. Make sure to get a 2 speed pump no matter where you get it from.

No on the wall foam

Yes on the "cove"-this is foam wedges you put right where the wall meets the floor. It helps keep the liner inside the pool. Some people use sand. My installer used the foam and smoothed the sand on the bottom edges to make it look smooth.

Floor pad-up to you. I have sand under my pool but it is so thick there is NO chance of anything growing there. If there is even a chance of anything growing then I would get the floor pad. Again price it out.

I bought everything from them and I liked the wall foam. The instructions with the pool suck but Pool Factory's support is impressive.

In the end I used the wall foam, the floor pad and cove foam.

You didn't say what shape you want but, I went with an oval and after learning a lot more I'd avoid an oval at all costs unless you absolutely need one. They're just a major pain to work with and much harder to put up than round.

I forgot, I'd also get the thickest liner they offer. It seems like a waste of money but it's actually a decent liner and a good thickness, similar to a Doughboy liner.

Thanks. I'm planning to get a 27' round. I was going to get the 25 gauge liner upgrade. Would you get one even thicker? I think I saw a 40. Also, which one did you get? I'm trying to decide between catalina or portofino

Gauge and Mil are NOT the same. So as cj133 posted, you need to go with a much thicker liner than the 25 gauge. Make sure you get at least the 20 MIL liner. You will be glad you did. 1582664554237.png
Also the bottom foam compresses under the water weight, so you won't notice the softness of the pool bottom for very long. When we replaced our liner after 12 years, the bottom foam was so thin, after being compressed for so long. But also nothing grew thru it. I also agree with kimcats, having a thick layer of sand works well. You just have to make sure it is very well compacted or you will see foot prints if you get in too soon after filling the pool with water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.