aglsteven

Feb 1, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Hello hive mind.
I'm having two issues with my pool config and I am not sure how to resolve or if they are related.
1. My Hayward VSP pump stops after about 15 minutes saying no flow detected. I've tried a backwash, re-priming, restarting Omnilogic so either a sensor issue or a config issue. I can't see any pressure loss or water loss at all.
2. My Sense and Dispense no longer shows pH or ORP readings on the display, but in Service mode it shows the pH value. I can't find the ORP reading in Service mode.

I have checked the config as best as I can, and all seems to be connected, but I can't be 100% certain.

Problem started after I deleted the light config from the Spa configuration to fix my lights timing out (solution from a previous thread on this forum).

My questions are:
a. If my flow sensor has failed, then will that impact the S&D working? or vice versa?
b. How can I check if the S&D configuration has become corrupt?

I'm running MSP 4.3.1 (latest release).
Any ideas gratefully received.
many thanks

My questions are:
a. If my flow sensor has failed, then will that impact the S&D working? or vice versa?

Yes, the Aquarite flow sensor is used by the Omni system and will stop the pump to prevent damage if the flow sensor opens.

b. How can I check if the S&D configuration has become corrupt?

Dunno anything about the S&D.

I suggest you call Hayward support.

Hi guys,
Another question for the forum.

Will a low pH or low ORP trigger the No Flow Sensor in my Hayward setup?
I'm trying to undersand if I have a Sense and Dispense issue that is triggering no flow, rather than a fault flow sensor.

many thanks
Hi agisteven,

pH and ORP will not affect the flow switch.

But the flow switch will affect the pH, ORP, heating and even the pump.
If the flow switch does not signal flow to the Main Processor, the pH and ORP will not be displayed, the heater will not start up and eventually the pump will stop as the Omnilogic believes there is no water flowing through the pipes.
The flow switch is of plastic construction and usually installed after the heater as per instructions.
I believe it has a tendency to distort with heat and high flow causing the internal glass read switch to fail prematurely.

The CS&D module simply filters and amplifies the probe signals for the Omnilogic to read and process.
If you want to test your CS&D, get a spare BNC connector and short it out. Centre pin to outer case.
Disconnect your pH probe and connect the shorted BNC.
The pH reading should slowly settle to read 7.0 pH, +/-0.1 ( Make sure the pH offset is at 0.0 when performing this test )
You can do the same for ORP but it will settle to a "0" ORP.

I suspect you have a faulty flow switch.

Regards

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.