Aug 8, 2020
McKinney, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I have a Hayward OmniLogic that will not auto adjust time when Daylight Savings activates in March and expires in November. In each instance I’ve had to manually toggle the “Daylight Saving Time”on to enable daylight savings March , then Off in November to get the right time to display. I also have the option to get time from internet enabled. See picture below.

Can someone with OmniLogic knowledge tell me if DST adjustment should/can be automatic? If so can you confirm how it should be configured on the date/time screen?

Thanks

Attachments

• FD485D54-5CEF-4EE5-9FD9-AF84ECF4B16C.jpeg
    FD485D54-5CEF-4EE5-9FD9-AF84ECF4B16C.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 17
@PoolBrews do you use the DST setting?
FYI. Originally back in the spring I did not have DST enabled. When the time moved ahead it did not auto change. I then turned on DST which was recommended by my pool builder. A few weeks back when time moved back It. did not change again. BAsically I’ve tried it both ways.

I have it enabled on mine, but like others, it doesn't appear to work. I had to change my time manually after the time change.
Thanks for confirming. Good to know I'm not the only one.

Its not clear from the documentation if its intended to change automatically. My guess is if I asked Hayward they would say it's working as designed. However, It does seem to be a basic capability that should be included.

It’s lazy programming sounds like. Time zones are typically DST specific (ex CST and CDT are two separate time zones). So they coded the ability to grab UTC, and convert that UTC time to a local timezone, and all that switch does is change your local timezone from standard time to daylight time.

Dumb if true.

It’s lazy programming sounds like. Time zones are typically DST specific (ex CST and CDT are two separate time zones). So they coded the ability to grab UTC, and convert that UTC time to a local timezone, and all that switch does is change your local timezone from standard time to daylight time.

Dumb if true.
If it actually worked that way it would be fine. When the switch is on, it *should* do just what you said and set the time accordingly for when DST starts and ends. Currently it does nothing. The time stays the same. I'm sending a note to Hayward support.

FYI, I spoke with my PB About the DST issue. They acknowledged that the Time does not change immediately(2am or so) but they have seen the change later that day around 3-4pm. They recommend keeping the DST option enabled and wait up to 24hours for the time to actually change. I know I have not waited this long to see if the time will change.

@PoolBrews I know you mentioned in another thread that new FW 4.3 may have corrected the issue. I’m wondering if this may be just a coincidence and just the re-enabling DST option after the 12-14 hour delay resolved the issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It certainly could have just been the delay. Immediately after upgrading to 4.3, my time jumped back to pre-DST. I turned DST and Update time from internet back on, and it went to the correct time. Concerning release notes, I received a response from Hayward support that the engineers are working on putting this on their site. We'll see - there have been no release notes for the past two updates.

I haven’t upgraded yet to 4.3 - curious - this system is new to me. Do settings reset generally when you update? You mention having to reenable those time settings.

I wrote to Hayward a while back about gaining access to their API for the purposes of developing a Homebridge / HomeKit integration. They gave me access, and I just asked my contact there about release notes. I’ll see if he says anything.

Mine changed, but don't know if it took a few hours, a day or a week.
I'm starting to think that maybe the change takes some time. Of Course I checked mine early in the morning (Around 7am) on the fall back day so possible that if I just left it alone it would have been fine. I'm used to very quick time change like on laptops/Phones. Maybe I just need to hurry up and wait.;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.