old pool math

Do you have a smart-phone? You really should give the new Pool Math app a try. The learning curve is minimal, and once you get used to it you'll be kicking yourself for not switching over sooner. It's a much more useful tool...

Do you mean at the bottom, under "Estimating pool volume"? Just tried it, you are right.

When entering width, length and depth in m, and then changing to US: The units just change from m to ft without adjusting the values. E.g., a 75000 l pool becomes 560 gal instead of 19813 gal.

I'm with you, I also like the old PoolMath. Quite useful when you just want to copy-paste values from a forum-post. The App is great too, but when on a notebook it's great to have the option to still use the old PoolMath.

Here's a workaround: do your volume calculation in whatever system and get the number, then plug it in up top, then switch units. Because the actual poolmath part -- the table -- works just fine.

I still use the old calculator but now I expect it to disappear. I think that was in the works, but if it's creating problems, the easiest solution for the webmaster is to remove it. Thanks a heap.

but if it's creating problems

I wouldn't really call it a problem - looks like no one had even noticed it until aussieta. It really only occurs when calculating the volume in one unit system and then changing to another unit system - not really an everyday scenario. I guess most people just use it these days for a quick calculation with the main table using an already known volume - and that works just fine. I'd hate to see it disappear.

Do you have a smart-phone? You really should give the new Pool Math app a try. The learning curve is minimal, and once you get used to it you'll be kicking yourself for not switching over sooner. It's a much more useful tool...

I think it is fair to remember that lots of people do not have, and/or cannot afford a smart phone. You might think that all people with a pool are rich, but that is not always true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saturn94 and mgtfp
Who said we’re deleting it?

From day 1 of the App my goal has been the same, and it’ll continue.....We’re putting our focus on the App and bringing it to as many devices as possible. All new “tools” we build will be built for the App and we’re not really losing sleep on upgrading the current web version. That said......

Jon and I are actively working to bring the App to a webpage. We’re actually at a point we’ve tested some code on our machines and we’re pleased with many items. That said, we’re a LONG ways off of being ready to send things “prime-time” and with how Covid has altered our work schedules, you can stress the word LONG even more.

That said, in the future we do plan on taking some steps to move even more people towards the App as it’s clearly our future. We’re very pleased with its progress and the support we’re getting from its users. When we do this I do 100% plan on keeping a version of the old webpage uploaded SOMEWHERE on the servers as it’s taking up almost zero resources, I’m just not gonna promise ya that it won’t be moved from its current “spot.”

Again, the current webpage is not the future of PoolMath, the App is. The current webpage MAYBE shuffled around in the future if we feel we can further optimize things, but if we do that we WILL keep the current webpage somewhere, just won’t promise ya where, but it will remain available for all to use.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.