Oh the days when I loath pool ownership

mrramsey

Jul 19, 2014
Hudson Ohio
So an already crappy week got worse with my laziness coupled with massive amounts of rain, ran out of chlorine etc. Time to slam. Oh and to top it all off I threw my back out moving the treadmill... [emoji37]

Geebot

Aug 19, 2013
I can't say I ever loathe pool ownership. I admit I wasn't crazy about it when my wife first talked me into it, but even when it's a chore I can find a silver lining.

Lykly

Gold Supporter
Nov 6, 2015
Ok ok
I can't say I ever loathe pool ownership. I admit I wasn't crazy about it when my wife first talked me into it, but even when it's a chore I can find a silver lining.
True this..... even when the pool is being a pain, it's my therapy, I love being outside messing with it. But then I like to keep it "perfect" and kickback and enjoy it.

pabeader

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
May 14, 2015
Cartersville Ga
Doc said I should be on mine for an hour a day. I find it a bit uncomfortable but with a good pillow it's alright for a nap.

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
I love pool ownership, it's therapeutic. :D but this heat this year is overwhelming, another 111 degree day today and tomorrow. Dry heat my butt The difference between 105 and 110 is ridiculous... 115 is insane 40 years and I've never get used to it :( Pool drinks more chlorine per day then I drink water and I drink a lot of water. I have 10 tiles that poped off this summer cause of the sun on them all day, either that or we had a earth quake

Hope your back gets better

Attachments

camueller

May 11, 2016
Troy IL
I love pool ownership, it's therapeutic. :D but this heat this year is overwhelming, another 111 degree day today and tomorrow. Dry heat my *** The difference between 105 and 110 is ridiculous... 115 is insane 40 years and I've never get used to it :( Pool drinks more chlorine per day then I drink water and I drink a lot of water. I have 10 tiles that poped off this summer cause of the sun on them all day, either that or we had a earth quake

Hope your back gets better
I grew up in South Texas, and I think I can relate. 100 to 105 was a fairly regular occurrence, and it was hot. But when it hit 110, oh man! Then, my family took a trip out I-10 to California one summer, and we stopped in Arizona one evening for dinner and to find a hotel. I saw a bank sign that said it was 123 degrees and when I got out of the car it felt like someone sucked the life out of me. Not a heat I had felt before. Now I'm in the midwest where despite the thermometer telling you it's in the mid 90's, it "feels like" 110 to 115 due to the massive amounts of humidity.

To the OP, I feel your pain. I've been sick with a stomach bug all week. Luckily I have my chlorine feed automated with a stenner on a timer, and had filled up the storage tank before I got sick.

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
"Oh and to top it all off I threw my back out moving the treadmill... "

Thank you. Now I have a brand new excuse for not exercising!

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
You should try the 95 degrees and 90%+ humidity we have been getting around here lately, makes a dry 105 sound pleasant..

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
Hey Mark...put some water in that pool... You may cool off.
Pretty clear huh !!

You should try the 95 degrees and 90%+ humidity we have been getting around here lately, makes a dry 105 sound pleasant..
You can have that humidity, I was in New York this last June and I was like WHAT !! It was really bad walking around and your clothes are all wet..here at least every things drys in a few seconds at 110 degrees

Cheers everyone, it's almost over !!
Mark

fajitas21

May 16, 2016
Orange, TX
I live in SE Texas near the Gulf of Mexico and people always complain about humidity vs dry heat. Man, it's all hot, who cares if you got it hotter or cooler, it's awful. So I can relate man. And I always tell people the same thing, you can learn to live with it but you NEVER get used to it!

Kiss4aFrog

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
May 22, 2013
Hudson, WI
Anything is better than the floods presently in Louisiana where you're neighborhood is one huge dirty pool !! Can't complain about anything when you see those poor folks and what they are going through.

I guess I have some days I'd like to fill it in but they there are the times I have the water just right, bottoms clean, no raking and nothing to do but float and have a cool drink enjoying the view. I love it.

Hope you're back is feeling better soon.

DieselD

Jun 10, 2016
Peoria AZ
Kinda going through a little pool remorse right now as I have a leak that's kicking my butt. After spending all day in 110 degrees and not really feeling I have it fixed its becoming a tad frustrating.

I can can say however my water is looking pretty dang good at least! And everything gets better when I see how much fun my family has cooling off in it!

Mark R

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2013
Desert Southwest, USA
Bump up

as heat will be in excess of 115 for Fathers Day !! And left the solar running the last 3 days and now we have 12k gallon hot tub at 94.

Child: "Dad....throw some ice in, ITS TO HOT "