Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Depot sells a table-top kamado for $279, which I have my eye on for a sale...
I got a tabletop smoker on clearance years ago and I love it! I’m smoking ribs today, I just have to cut them in half to fit. I’ve smoked ribs, brisket, boston butts, chicken, and even whole turkeys on it. It’s nice because it only uses a handful of lump charcoal each time because it’s so small. 👍 530B7770-8C0E-4C3F-AC22-F5A3B94D0865.jpeg

I was thinking of this one, now down to $249

lifesmart-kamado-grills-scs-k15b-64_1000.jpg

Reactions: Apsuhead
These little eggs have become very popular. I see many different brands. I remember years ago there was only one brand, I was given one but I did not like it because it was too much trouble for me. I am not much for the disposal of charcoal, nearly burnt down the neighbor hood behind me when I was getting rid of the ashes :cheers:

Darn it - forgot to take pics of my beef fajitas (skirt steak) last night. 3 minute cook and they were perfect - juicy, tender and still pink in the middle, even though they are incredibly thin! Wife made street corn and Mexican rice to round out a great meal while we cheered on the Stars to a game 1 victory in the Stanley Cup Finals! Ghost margaritas certainly added to the festivities.

Bought wife a smoker last week. First attempt at some ribs...not so good but edible. Any tricks of the trade with these electric smokers?
View attachment 162689
View attachment 162690
I have an egg.

I have had a lot of trial and error with ribs. Deff a learning process.

so what I have learned so far. And this is from some awesome coaching here and a Texan friend.

only baby backs.
I dry rub 24-48 hrs and wrap in foil. Not plastic.
cook at 225 vs anything higher.
I use 211 last time 2 hr smoke 1 hr wrapped 1 hr unwrapped saused. Those were my best so far from the report of the wife, neighbor, and sister in law. I also agree with them.
my Texan buddy says 3 hrs and done for baby backs. Sauce half way through. Haven’t tried that yet. But my 211 was awesome!

Brent. Ok now I’m interested. How does it estimate cooking time? Do u tell it weight of meat? Thickness? How would it know?
Hey Jimm, the probe set up is posted by Red-Beard. You will have to ask him these questions. I think they look very interesting.:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool may have cover on it, but this is my favorite time of year for smoking. Perfect day today - mid 80s and no humidity. Baby backs on the Pit Barrel - super easy and ready to eat in under 3 hours. About to put some Caribbean corn on the grill...
1601161080840.jpeg

hot honey bun
Man, that brings back memories! My mom used to get frozen honey buns that had to be heated in the oven (pre-microwave days). The torture of having to wait 20 minutes vs. the tasteless bun in a wrapper. Never an easy decision for a kid.

Reactions: Apsuhead
Does urs run hot. My buddies does. He said it always had but it never affected his cooks
Yes, but not too hot. Typically 250-300. I usually cook around 225 on my other smokers, but rarely even use them anymore because the PBC is so easy. The higher temps bugged me when I first got the PBC, but the results were great and cooks were faster. Now I’m spoiled.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.