Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

jimim

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
NE/Pa
E47F9989-A22E-4AFE-B522-B68C98F3ED2B.jpegA98140C8-89F1-45EA-A24C-5587292C8500.jpeg31E58D67-FE98-43D3-9D2F-F339367AB537.jpeg
Another magical day yesterday. Fried fish tonight! 45 perch and crappie. But wait the exciting part 10 lbs plus finished fillets! Typical sized perch and crappie at 45 fish will give u maybe 5 lbs on a great day. My monsters gave out 10 lbs plus.

this will never happen again probably. We threw back at least 100 plus bluegills ontop of what we took.

thomasandanita

Mar 14, 2019
willis texas
I love my Uruguayan BBQ (parrilla). Right next to the pool. Wood burning BBQ. So delicious. I buy the wood by the 1/2 ton.

Most houses here have them built with the house. Even some posh apartments on multi-story buildings have them on balconies!
that is awesome, i do not know how i missed this post before. great way to cook outdoors.

mjlinss

Gold Supporter
Jun 2, 2017
Columbia, MO
Bought wife a smoker last week. First attempt at some ribs...not so good but edible. Any tricks of the trade with these electric smokers?
View attachment 162689
View attachment 162690
I never wrap my ribs as I don't like them fall off the bone. Electric smokers are going to be a pretty dry heat, I'd try spritzing with a mix of apple cider and apple cider vinegar once every 45 minutes or so. And possibly put a water pan on the bottom rack?

Reactions: jark87

Gladius Nova

Dec 29, 2016
Fair Oaks Ranch, TX
I never wrap my ribs as I don't like them fall off the bone. Electric smokers are going to be a pretty dry heat, I'd try spritzing with a mix of apple cider and apple cider vinegar once every 45 minutes or so. And possibly put a water pan on the bottom rack?
Yep, we did all that. Only wrapped ribs for last 2 hours of a 6 hour smoke. Mopped every hour. Re-filled wood chips every hour. Wife filled pan with apple juice.

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Yep, we did all that. Only wrapped ribs for last 2 hours of a 6 hour smoke. Mopped every hour. Re-filled wood chips every hour. Wife filled pan with apple juice.
I had a masterbuilt for a couple of years and it was a lot of trial and error. It cooked fantastic ribs, brisket, turkey breast and pork shoulders. First I would check the temp with a reliable thermometer. I used a dual thermometer by Thermoworks. I found out that my smoker was off by 20 degrees. Since then I recently upgraded to a Recteq grill and very pleased with it :cheers:

Reactions: Gladius Nova

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
My latest addition: The Meater 4 block. These are Bluetooth/Wifi Temp Probe. I bought a single a few month ago and it works well. The 4 probe has WiFi in the block which then connects to the probes. You control the whole thing from your phone, which can be anywhere in the world. The probes recharge in the block.

Brentr

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
My latest addition: The Meater 4 block. These are Bluetooth/Wifi Temp Probe. I bought a single a few month ago and it works well. The 4 probe has WiFi in the block which then connects to the probes. You control the whole thing from your phone, which can be anywhere in the world. The probes recharge in the block.

That looks cool. I will have to look into this :cheers: