Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally mastered pizza on the egg. Bought special caputo 00 flour. This might force me to buy a ooni koda pizza oven, but the egg is pretty good for it.

Attachments

• B4034675-83A5-4904-962D-091B3D758650.jpeg
    B4034675-83A5-4904-962D-091B3D758650.jpeg
    480.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 46452830-E97C-479D-90E8-BD670FC31F11.jpeg
    46452830-E97C-479D-90E8-BD670FC31F11.jpeg
    536.3 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Parchment paper makes it infinitely easier to slide the pizza onto the steel or stone. You can even remove the parchment paper after a few minutes. It just slides out. It is an absolute game changer.

This will be the year I learn how to smoke food. I will learn. I will have lots of queStions. First I need a smoker.
That fits in the space for an egg!
DW just informed me she would like an electric smoker for either her birthday or from Santa this year. I will be researching the types, but I'm pretty sure knowing her, she already has the one she wants picked out. I will have lots of questions also!

DW just informed me she would like an electric smoker for either her birthday or from Santa this year. I will be researching the types, but I'm pretty sure knowing her, she already has the one she wants picked out. I will have lots of questions also!
Welcome :wave:Ask lots of questions, we have many members here who have smokers of various types and makes :cheers:

Ahhh yes, many mornings follow this path. I went into the house after sitting on the porch to find sherry making something with apples,
A85AC73B-64E5-452A-BA92-B79D86292A7E.jpeg

She clearly peaked my interest so I asked what she was making. Turns out the girls had asked for oatmeal this morning. 🤮

After she ignored my complaints about how yucky oatmeal is she told me to shut it and make my own breakfast. Normally would have been a problem since we didn’t go shopping this week after returning from vacation, our food supply is very low. Fortunately I remembered a Hawaiian dish that we had all the ingredients for......
4D888647-28FC-4703-AC0A-1C00636BDF9E.jpeg
CA0D77CA-6A9C-40E2-85A3-F661336F44E0.jpeg
Isn’t this what normal people eat at 9am? Loco Moco!!!!
2D827F37-1835-4F9B-BC97-A9E90CAEA4AB.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I’m having the worse time with temp on my egg today. Took an hour to get back up to temp when I put the ribs on even though they were out for over an hour. Then I pulled them so my lid was open for literally 30 secs and my temp spiked to 300 and now I’m trying to get it down again. I never had this issue.

Are you using just the dome thermometer? If you can get a grid one and monitor they tend to be more accurate and don’t vary as much. My best advice with the egg is don’t get too caught up in maintaining an exact temp. If I’m humming along a 50-75 degree window I make minor adjustments and roll with it.

Are you using just the dome thermometer? If you can get a grid one and monitor they tend to be more accurate and don’t vary as much. My best advice with the egg is don’t get too caught up in maintaining an exact temp. If I’m humming along a 50-75 degree window I make minor adjustments and roll with it.
I use a grid probe using my signals from thermo works. It was just a wonky cook.

Reactions: Tortuga353
Ohmygosh..... I've seen pictures and read about Hawaiian plate lunches..... Carb heaven! Macaroni salad is a *must* along with potato salad, right? Some protein to round the carbs out I guess.

I'd weigh 300 pounds if I lived there, lol.
I miss my garbage plates from Rochester during my college years in buffalo. Those were the ultimate drunk night pick me up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.