Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta get inside the female psyche for this one...... it had a pretty label with an artistic fish designed specifically to attract all the wives that were beer shopping. If it was designed for us, it would be the generic bottle that said ‘BEER’.

Right! God forbid she comes home with a cool car or a hot chick on the bottle!
I told her, why didn’t you just buy the beer called fruity Mcfruity fruits.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Anyone get rid of their gas grill and switch to a pellet grill exclusively? I am looking at getting a Memphis pellet grill, but I dont want to have a gas grill and a pellet grill taking up all the space on my deck.

I have not.
However, I have considered it many times. I have had Weber gas grills for almost 30 years. Love the convince of gas. 2 years ago I bought a pit boss pellet smoker/ grill. This one has a door that you can slide open for direct grilling. It does get pretty hot. I do not know if other pellet grills have this similar feature.
I am actually selling my old offset stick burner smoker now. I haven’t used it or needed it after the pot boss.
Hope this helps

Ok lots of drinking going on here. What about cooking.
I made corn pico this morning for fish tacos and flank steak tacos tonight. We brought home a pile of fish yesterday again and my freezer is jammed already with fish. Like I said somewhere else. If covid did anything to me is that my fishing game was never better. Lol
View attachment 146769View attachment 146770
DW loves fish tacos. You have any room for her, I will send her up there....... Just kidding :cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: cwescapexlt4x4
Anyone get rid of their gas grill and switch to a pellet grill exclusively? I am looking at getting a Memphis pellet grill, but I dont want to have a gas grill and a pellet grill taking up all the space on my deck.

I have a gas grill and a Traeger on my deck, and neither are going anywhere.

We sous vide frequently (especially London broils) but we do like a seared outside. Having to bring the Traeger up to temp just to sear kind of defeats the "ready whenever you are" aspect of sous vide. Yeah, a skillet on the stove works, and a George Foreman grill works, but I have my gas grill already.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Picked up an new addition to my summer kitchen :cheers:
5E761DD1-8234-4794-9D08-9C5B5DDFB56F.jpeg

Attachments

• CE535169-1F89-476E-BFF0-864D12EB4336.jpeg
    CE535169-1F89-476E-BFF0-864D12EB4336.jpeg
    541.7 KB · Views: 5
Summer kitchen? Even restaurants don’t have as many ways to cook food as you!!
I gave my son the Masterbuilt Smoker and got the Rec Tec RT-340 Pellet smoker (could not pass on this). The Masterbuilt worked great all these years however I could not smoke a whole brisket, would have to cut it in half. Boys with their toys :cheers:

Ok but where are the pics :(:nopic:

My bad. I drank a bit too much and went fishing at 400 yesterday morning.
Ok the wings. Still not crispy with the corn starch technique. So next time it’s to the grill to sear and finish.
The thighs were good. Yes the skin wasn’t crispy but with how the recipe makes u cool them there is no way it would be. They were really really good though!

when u enter competition skin on chicken thighs do u have crispy skin cause this is suppose to be a comparison recipe and no way u will get a crisp on the skin?

91DC63C4-63AF-414B-A2C1-CA6AE4DE4A98.jpeg7BE8ACB6-E451-4C0D-AF20-975FECE863B8.jpeg

Ok but where are the pics :(:nopic:

Lol that meme is pretty funny. I’m mad at Disney right now. I have a Jan trip booked but can’t buy new season passes so I can’t book park days on Monday!!!!!!!!!!! I still think it’s stupid to allow people all the way out to sept 2021 to book park days on Monday alone.

sorry that was off topic. I swear there is somewhere in the board rooms that Disney talk is the only exception cause it’s Disney. Lol

Lol that meme is pretty funny. I’m mad at Disney right now. I have a Jan trip booked but can’t buy new season passes so I can’t book park days on Monday!!!!!!!!!!! I still think it’s stupid to allow people all the way out to sept 2021 to book park days on Monday alone.

sorry that was off topic. I swear there is somewhere in the board rooms that Disney talk is the only exception cause it’s Disney. Lol
We are also mad at Disney as we had planned to go there in May. We booked rooms for July for DW birthday hoping that they would be open :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.